Second Skin Audio

First enclosure... Need help!

BiiiGWaves

what's up guys im building my first enclosure soon and I need some advice from some experienced people. I have a 1996 camaro with the hatchback, there is not a ton of space for a box but i gotta make room. I'm going to be getting a dc XL 15 and people have suggested that i put it in a box with atleast 3.5 cubic feet of space... So the problems are, my trunk isnt very big(but im sure it has the volume) and the trunk has a weird shape. the trunk has like two rectangles( one on top of the other) the one on the bottom is smaller and the top one is larger. the smaller one is about 31 inches long, 12 inches wide(from me standing behind the car, towards the inside of the car), and its about 8 inches high(until it starts to expands into the larger area, dont worry i will post links to pictures). The larger box is about 38 inches in length, 16 inches wide, and 13 inches high...

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

here's a photo of how much space there is above the subs when the trunk is closed

IMAG0239.jpg

so do you guys think i can pull off a ported box in there? One that will make a DC XL 15 sound good. Thanks in advance for your help..

Archived