Mp3 Or Acc Format For Cell Phones?

So yea, got the new LG Voyager (love it) anyway i bought 4GB Micro SD card and wanted to know this...

Which file format would be best to use for cell phones...?

ACC or MP3?

- Whats difference in file size, which is bigger/smaller

- Whats difference in quality, better/worse?

Thanks

06 SCION tC

i have the LG 8300 and i use MP3 format.. the more bitrate (sp?), the bigger the file, the better quality (i think, correct me if im wrong).

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

i have the LG 8300 and i use MP3 format.. the more bitrate (sp?), the bigger the file, the better quality (i think, correct me if im wrong).

i'm about to convert my entire music library from ACC to MP3 but not sure which bit rate to set it at?

there is many high quality bit rates, but would all them be smaller than ACC format? i know ACC is supposably better quality but larger file size

06 SCION tC

By Default

iTunes has 3 levels of MP3 bit rate.

128 kbps

160 kbps

192 kbps

BUT, using custom settings you can go as high as

224 kbps

256 kbps

320 kbps

My question is, if I convert my iTunes library from ACC to MP3 which MP3 bit rate should i use so that i'm keeping rouhgly the SAME QUALITY and keeping roughly the SAME FILE SIZE?

Is the MP3 (320 kbps) still less quality and less file size than ACC?

Edited by AlpineGuy87

06 SCION tC

as far as bit rates goes. mine ranges from 92 to 300+. but the majority of my songs are about 192 averaged.

edit: as far as ACC goes, i never really used it so im not sure how they work as in file size compared to quality of the song.

Edited by Ipod

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

yeah 192 is the average of what most songs i download are. that's a good one to go with imo. if you wanted...convert one to 192, and some higher, remember which song is which and compare. tho i'm sure you'll be satisfied with 192.

i feel ya man.

I'm just wondering, i want to keep all my formats the same but my cell phone really doesnt need high quality so i dont want them at TOO high quality, i'd rather have average and save space.. idk.. lol.. I have 4GB of storage and 4GB of music on my itunes library.. but i'm not using even half my library just my popular/favorite songs you know.. so i can go with high quality

So should i just leave it at 128 kbps ACC? or should i knock it to MP3 192? i mean they are about the same quality, so which is going to take up less space?

06 SCION tC

if you're a man, you'll do 192 ;):P how many songs you wantin to put on there btw?

and i could be wrong...but they may be the same size, or close to it, no?

"Be a man, and do the right thing" ~ Russell Peters..

hahah. i have a 1 gig micro sd with 158 songs at 192kps. also have a bunch of videos and pictures.. and still have 257.8 mb left to spare.

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio