Second Skin Audio

AQ HDC3-12s Displacement?

412Mark

Does anyone know the displacement of the hdc3 12s? Trying to plan my box for 2 of them with 5 cubes and 80 square inches of port but don't know how much space the sub will take up. They seem big and beefy so feels like they might make a difference.

Yeah it is .19

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Thanks the first measurements I punched into torres gave me 5.03 net without any sub displacement. I got to measure my trunk again to see witch way I can go bigger. I was thinking about making a quick 2x4 frame with the outside dimentions just to make sure I can fit it in my trunk. Do those subs like higher tuning of like 39 hertz?

39hz if you like the highs... I had my 10's at 38hz and have no issue playing down to 30hz. If you like to play lower than 30hz you can tune the around the 32hz but you'll loose the upper end a bit.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

From what I have read on this site, alot are tuning these things high. I have seen someone say that the stiffness helps them to still play low. Don't know for my self yet. These are the first good subs that I have had in a long time and in my younger days, I have only have had sealed boxes.

From what I have read on this site, alot are tuning these things high. I have seen someone say that the stiffness helps them to still play low. Don't know for my self yet. These are the first good subs that I have had in a long time and in my younger days, I have only have had sealed boxes.

I'm not a big fan of their suspension.... I ripped two... cook two coils... etc. They get loud though no doubt. But in regards to tuning, it really depends on your listening preference.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db