wiring a carputer to turn on with viper 5901

thank you, i just posted the sneak peek in my build log of what my idea was to have it look like in the dash. im going to try and get the fiberglassing done over my winter break and if it does then when its spring time i can install the newly completed dash piece after i relocate the HVAC controls (one wire at a time, fml!!!) Thanks so much for saying that you can adjust the turn off delay, i never knew it was adjustable just something it does so that it doesnt hard shut down the computer when you turn off the ignition source.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure where you're at on this , but the aux outputs have 3 different settings.(See manual) If you were to hook up a basic relay to Aux 1(or any aux) , and to whatever wire kicks your computer on, all you would have to do is change the default setting on that channel to "Latched".

The outputs on DEI units have 3 basic settings: Validity, latched, and latched, reset ignition.

-Validty= signal is sent as you hold the button

-Latched= press the button and signal is sent and stays there until you hit the button again(what you want)

-Latched, ignition reset= press the button and the signal is sent and stays until the ignition/ignition wire is cycled.(Turned on then off)

MotoCARR

MECP Advanced

Need wiresheets for your car? Let me know!

Authorized DEI & Omega Remote Start/Security Dealer

ohh thats what validty and latched mean. lmao. not to sound like a moron but i had no clue what the difference was other than the shop i had that installed my alarm had the defroster set to validty and the damn window never defrosted until i changed it to latched. now i know why. thank you so much for telling me that.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived