Is It Possible?? Need alt advice..

I'd be interested to see what alt you currently have on the engine, if it follows the standard alt case that you find on most VAG engines I'll be able to help you out finding an OEM replacement that fits.

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

I'd be interested to see what alt you currently have on the engine, if it follows the standard alt case that you find on most VAG engines I'll be able to help you out finding an OEM replacement that fits.

The alt thats on the engine is the oem run of the mill alt. puts out 120. can be found easily on any google search. i have tried and tried to find a h/o alt to replace it but havent found any that wouldnt have to be custom built. if you find one let me know as for now it looks like Singer for the win

The alt thats on the engine is the oem run of the mill alt. puts out 120. can be found easily on any google search. i have tried and tried to find a h/o alt to replace it but havent found any that wouldnt have to be custom built. if you find one let me know as for now it looks like Singer for the win

Fancy linking me to some examples?

I have an alt in mind which should be fully compatible with the cars electrics, rated at 180A but I know it puts out 200A. If you wanted to take it further you could have what I run, a 210a alt which isn't made for VAG engines but has the same mounting points, it puts out 13.8v as standard so needs an external regulator to make the most of it which could help you see over 250a out of it but the Audi won't be too happy with not having an alternator load signal that is normally provided by the standard regulator.

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

Archived