2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

Don´t fool me you are 2 year´s here, are a paying member and you will tell me you can´t understand active.

It means that you run your comp system on a active crossover, powering mid´s and tweet´s separate over a active crossover!

whats the problem if i dont understand about it thats why im asking if u wanna help me do it if not just dont reply i know how to install i know how to make my own boxes and yes i dont know how to calculate my boxes, i always ask for help here but whats the problem? im in this forum because people help me with things idk

That was not what i ment with the fooling ment it in a joking way (before i post it i wrote "scare me"). Maby i choose the wrong word´s, english is not my first language

im from Germany.

Here is the Ebay link to the active crossover´s http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_osacat=175716&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=2+way+active+crossover&_sacat=175716&_from=R40. Your 4 channel amp is 2 Ohm stable, so its possible that you wire your 6.5 mid´s and tweet´s down to

2 Ohm. Than you run for example channel 1 + 2 to the mid´s and 3 + 4 to the tweet´s. You can try first to power your 6x9 with the power of the HU for good SQ,

is only need a little bit from the rear for good SQ, incase for SQ we want the music from the front.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Don´t fool me you are 2 year´s here, are a paying member and you will tell me you can´t understand active.

It means that you run your comp system on a active crossover, powering mid´s and tweet´s separate over a active crossover!

whats the problem if i dont understand about it thats why im asking if u wanna help me do it if not just dont reply i know how to install i know how to make my own boxes and yes i dont know how to calculate my boxes, i always ask for help here but whats the problem? im in this forum because people help me with things idk

That was not what i ment with the fooling ment it in a joking way (before i post it i wrote "scare me"). Maby i choose the wrong word´s, english is not my first language

im from Germany.

Here is the Ebay link to the active crossover´s http://www.ebay.com/...75716&_from=R40. Your 4 channel amp is 2 Ohm stable, so its possible that you wire your 6.5 mid´s and tweet´s down to

2 Ohm. Than you run for example channel 1 + 2 to the mid´s and 3 + 4 to the tweet´s. You can try first to power your 6x9 with the power of the HU for good SQ,

is only need a little bit from the rear for good SQ, incase for SQ we want the music from the front.

neither mine im from mexico spanish but no problem and thank you for the link

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

I am also supprised you have not heard of active, given your time on here and spec list.

Are your components XXX's? I have always run these active.

Once you try active you won't ever go back to the regular passive pieces.

Get an Alpine 9887 headiunit if you don't mind having no USB. This would most likely be the cheapest option as it has an active crossover built in.

You will need an amplifier channel for each driver also. That means you would need a small 4channel for the tweeters if its 2 pairs you have.

If you don't have the XXX components, get them; they are absolute monsters and sound great turned up. I am currently feeding each midbass over 300w rms (2ohm)

to mine and they sing sweet nothing's in my ears all night with no fatigue.

sorry to thread jack,

so technically if i had a fancy head unit and set the LPF and HPF on the amp correctly, i wouldnt even need a passive crossover to fit between the amp and the speakers?

./endthreadjack

so generally an active cross over would be, in lamen's terms, the Treble Mid and Bass on a head unit?

or the different frequencies on a Equalizer?

Neither. Active crossovers is controlling which frequencies go to which speakers at the signal input level (ie crossovers on an amp or in a headunit or outboard processor) as opposed to a passive crossover which controls which frequencies go to which speakers at the power output level (ie after the amplifier output with a network of passive components).

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived