Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosures design Training

SoundFreakk

hello guys,

I wanna train myself in making designs for enclosures.

So calculating the how big the box needs to be and tuning it with port and stuff.

I want to do this because I wanna get more experience in it and when you guys give me feedback I'll learn a lot from it.

So throw some projects on me to design and I'll start on it :)

Hope you guys are willing to give me some projects and give me feedback so I really can learn from it.

what stage are you at? just trying to get in the ball park of what a decent design is? or are you trying to fine tune what you already know? if its the first, we can definitely help. if its the later, it really is just about trial and error, as boomer was getting at. just keep building something different.

ill give you a project.

two 12" DCaudio level 4s tuned to 35hz.

start with that and we will see what you come up with. i'll give you a bigger challenge if you do it correctly.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what stage are you at? just trying to get in the ball park of what a decent design is? or are you trying to fine tune what you already know? if its the first, we can definitely help. if its the later, it really is just about trial and error, as boomer was getting at. just keep building something different.

ill give you a project.

start with that and we will see what you come up with. i'll give you a bigger challenge if you do it correctly.

what power would be used in this case? my enclosures are based off power, cone area and motor force

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

ill give you a project.

what power would be used in this case? my enclosures are based off power, cone area and motor force

for now i just want him to design one based on the specs listed for the speaker. if he gets it right we can add in more factors. just starting with step one for now.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

@skittlesRgood

I'm going to start on it right away thanks!

I'm actually at the first stage you say so I really appreciate your post:)

EDIT: no thiele-small parameters on the site of DC for this subwoofer?

I've no idea where to base the calculation for the ports on now.. Any hints on this one :ninja:

@skittlesRgood

I'm going to start on it right away thanks!

I'm actually at the first stage you say so I really appreciate your post:)

EDIT: no thiele-small parameters on the site of DC for this subwoofer?

I've no idea where to base the calculation for the ports on now.. Any hints on this one :ninja:

hint is to make box tuned to 35hz like he said,

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A