Server 2k3 r2 anti-virus

I have never thought of this till now, but would using normal computer AV's be out of the question?

Depends on if the installer checks for os requirement. I've found that I can install MS Sec Ess on win2k3 even though MS doesn't advertise it.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

im real hesitant to not manage endpoints in some way. If something goes wrong and it doesnt update you have no way to keep tabs on it. You can script it to throw you its last update def or manually check each one but thats a pain in the ass and not very good management of time. I know you said that you have a sonicwall and ips and ids but not knowing if you are 100 percent covered throws a big flag to me. One bad apple can spoil the bunch and one server without av can wreak havoc. I would look into something that allows you to manage from a console and allows you to ocnnect each host to the internet to update if you want.

I definitely hear ya on endpoint management, but I do like to have someone to point a finger at. Besides that they are on top of it, and it saves me headaches so I can focus on other things. Up until a month ago, I was a 1 person staff running around like crazy. When the contract is up, 18 mos to go, I may end up managing my own devices. The new guy will be focusing on desktop administration, I can focus on server administration, and administrative things.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

yeah i hear ya. Im a cissp so the first things that come up in my head are security related.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

All of the SEP versions I've used dont ever have to renew, even the server client. Honestly SEP seems to have the lowest overhead in terms of IO of any that Ive used, and like n8 said it seems to be the best in terms of managing clients. I know McAfee has a corporate version but I've never messed with it. Everytime we've had an issue with SEP symantecs support has been amazing.

I also run it at home, but its nothing compared to the 10,000 or so clients we have at work.

I run some mcafee stuff at work and im nto real fond of their interface or the fact that it eats resources like cheerios. Their support is pretty good once you get above the first three tiers. those guys below that just read from a book and I wouldn't be calling if I didn't try all the easy stuff.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived