I look at at like this, if you l live some where that you can't get a custom tune than a handheld tuner like a hypertec tuner is also good.

Not to be rude but this is absolutely incorrect. A good tuner can do a mail order tune that will be nearly perfect as long as you provide a full list of your current mods. The hand held tuners are crap, they lean it out a little and change the shift points to make you "feel" like it is faster/more power. The hand held tuners leave way too much on the table and they are in some cases more expensive than a mail order tune.

For anyone that wants a mail order tune for GM vehicles you can use Nelson's Performance in San Antonio TX if you can't get to a dyno or a speed density tuner. He has such a massive database of custom tunes that he can load the right one into a PCM and mail it to you, just swap it out and send yours back as a core exchange. There are others that do the same thing, Black Bear is a popular choice but you can research what works best for you but I would never recommend an off the shelf hand held tuner for anyone that expects real gains.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I look at at like this, if you l live some where that you can't get a custom tune than a handheld tuner like a hypertec tuner is also good.

Not to be rude but this is absolutely incorrect. A good tuner can do a mail order tune that will be nearly perfect as long as you provide a full list of your current mods. The hand held tuners are crap, they lean it out a little and change the shift points to make you "feel" like it is faster/more power. The hand held tuners leave way too much on the table and they are in some cases more expensive than a mail order tune.

For anyone that wants a mail order tune for GM vehicles you can use Nelson's Performance in San Antonio TX if you can't get to a dyno or a speed density tuner. He has such a massive database of custom tunes that he can load the right one into a PCM and mail it to you, just swap it out and send yours back as a core exchange. There are others that do the same thing, Black Bear is a popular choice but you can research what works best for you but I would never recommend an off the shelf hand held tuner for anyone that expects real gains.

this is what i did. i didnt use Nelson but i know they are very good. i went with Wheatley in Houston, and i believe that black bear does mail in. i also agree that handheld are worthless just a waste of money.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

Archived