Mechman Alternators

I have an 08 Chrysler 300 3.5l, I been thinking about getting a H.O. Alternator. Ive see many companies offering a few alternators that supposeable work for my car. But how would they even work if the voltage is regulated by the PCM / ECM (powertrain / engine control module)? Any info would be great...... just trying to understand my options.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

We offer a unit for your vehicle. The computer controls the charging VOLTAGE of the alternator, not the AMPERAGE produced by the alternator. If you would like a detailed quote, send an e-mail to: [email protected]

regards,

Matthew

Thats what I thought... but when asking about them on chrysler forums and even the dealer I am told I am not able to install it on my car because it may cause problems and or fry my PCM. I am also told that the PCM controls how many amps the alternator will put out in turn making the higher output usless and with time fry my PCM. This isn't correct, its just a common misconception? I just wanted to be safe about this... IIRC a PCM would run me $1800 plus an hour labor to flash it.

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

In nearly 10 years in the alternator industry, working for 3 different alternator companies, I have never heard of anyone having to replace a PCM on any vehicle.

Nearly all 2007 and newer Chrysler vehicles have PCM/voltage regulator communication. In some instances, it can reduce the amount of amperage the alternator produces in comparison to a non-PCM controlled unit of the same amperage, BUT you will still have more amperage available and subsequently maintain a higher voltage under load than you would with the stock alternator. We probably sell at least (5) 2007+ Chrysler units per week, and have never had any complaints.