Video update at SMD HQ!!!! 2004 Chevy Silverado Install

Optima Yellow Top with Big 3 and all rockford wiring and rockford battery clamps

img3676i.jpg

Hey man I have a really similar set up except I have 4 SA8s, same box style and everything in my single cab Silverado, mine is a 01.

Did you upgrade the factoring wiring to the fuse box? It looks like in the picture above you upgraded that wire that goes through that little red battery deal by the ad compressor and radiator hose, you know what I'm talking about? Lol just wondering cause when I did my big 3 I just did the charging from the alt, grounded from the batt to frame and block to frame, let me know if you did do that wire as well.. I can always beef up whatever I can to have even better electrical. Lol I like this build. Keep up the good work man, love the door pods as well. I'd I had those style doors in mine I would've done the same thing, but I have the manual doors:(

what drop do you have on your truck man?

as low as that is its gotta be a 4/6 or 5/7 leaning onthe 4/6

It's a 3/5. I got drop spindles and cut the coil spring an inch to get the 3". And the back is 5" with de arched leaf springs. I want to go with a 4/6 tho.

Did you need to notch it for 5"?

Optima Yellow Top with Big 3 and all rockford wiring and rockford battery clamps

img3676i.jpg

Hey man I have a really similar set up except I have 4 SA8s, same box style and everything in my single cab Silverado, mine is a 01.

Did you upgrade the factoring wiring to the fuse box? It looks like in the picture above you upgraded that wire that goes through that little red battery deal by the ad compressor and radiator hose, you know what I'm talking about? Lol just wondering cause when I did my big 3 I just did the charging from the alt, grounded from the batt to frame and block to frame, let me know if you did do that wire as well.. I can always beef up whatever I can to have even better electrical. Lol I like this build. Keep up the good work man, love the door pods as well. I'd I had those style doors in mine I would've done the same thing, but I have the manual doors:(

Yeah I did.

I did alternator to the little red box and took out the stock one.

Then alternator to battery and the both grounds. Thanks. Your looks nice an clean too. I was looking at it last night. Your the one that's adding the ipad mini on the dash right ? That was next in my do list lol but need to sell my double din first. Lol

2004 Chevy Silverado 3-6 lowered. TBSS 22s.
Headunit: Pioneer NEX 7000
Subs: 2 8" Sundown Audio SAv3
Sub amp: Rockford Fosgate Power T1500-1bd
Mids & Highs: Rockford Fosgate Power T152 and T165
Highs Amp: 2 Rockford Fosgate T400-4
Batts: Optima Yellow Top
Wires: Big 3 and all Rockford Fosgate Wiring
Deadening: Rockford Fosgate Deadskin

what drop do you have on your truck man?

as low as that is its gotta be a 4/6 or 5/7 leaning onthe 4/6

It's a 3/5. I got drop spindles and cut the coil spring an inch to get the 3". And the back is 5" with de arched leaf springs. I want to go with a 4/6 tho.

Did you need to notch it for 5"?

No notch needed for this. but If I were you and wanted to this. Just get the flip kit and notch it. I drove my truck around without my snug top and it looked so nasty. When you do the flip kit it looks the same with our without the snug top.

img3676i.jpg

Yeah I did.

Then alternator to battery and the both grounds. Thanks. Your looks nice an clean too. I was looking at it last night. Your the one that's adding the ipad mini on the dash right ? That was next in my do list lol but need to sell my double din first. Lol

Okay I think I'm gonna upgrade that wire as well then, thanks man.

And thank you! That is me, I will be damn near finished with it by tomorrow, it's gonna look good..

Let me know if you need any help my friend.

img3676i.jpg

Yeah I did.

Okay I think I'm gonna upgrade that wire as well then, thanks man.

And thank you! That is me, I will be damn near finished with it by tomorrow, it's gonna look good..

Let me know if you need any help my friend.

How are you going to get audio out ? I was thinking in my case getting a bluetooth pioneer deck that way I can keep my steering wheel controls and add the ipad audio via bluetooth. The soundman sells like a ipad thing but seems to complicated for me lol

Oh shit your from modesto im in san jose man id love to hear that truck of yours sometime

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Nice black silverado!

Thanks man. I plan to make it all black.

Oh shit your from modesto im in san jose man id love to hear that truck of yours sometime

It's under construction right now. I'm going back with 3 seats and sundowns SDs instead of the SA. But whenever you want I'm down. I go there a few times. And Morgan hill

Archived