how to get my ponte to stick to glass mold

kurupt305

so there i was i had my ponte stretched over my fiberglass box mold i used spray adhesive didnt have any glue but hot glue so i figured the spray would hold as i lay my resin i start brushing it over my ponter material where its stuck to the mold and low and behold the damn adhesive came undone quick question what do yall use to glue the material to the glass mold? ive read ca but if i put that under the ponte i wont be able to lift and adjust to get the wrinkles out can i use the spray adhesive to get the material stuck then put ca on top on the ponte will that work to hold the material down?

a method Ive used before is to stretch and hold it, use a tool that has a fine edge to hold where you want to glue....not fine enough to cut the material, but not a huge block that will get glued the object...and add your CA, letting it soak down through the ponte and touch the object. Use the accelerator to make it dry quick. Try not to apply the glue to the tool you use. It worked for me through one of my more detailed projects.

Also, if the object your stretching over has a hard edge, wrap it over the edge and hold it tight then just apply the CA to the edge; it should be able to seep through and touch the object. Its a lot easier to do then the latter method.

edit: if you do it this way, I would definitely try it out on some scrap before you try it on the box.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

ok makes sense yea i might have to jump on some ca and accelerator dont think ill be able to staple into fiberglasss i wouldnt want to try sonus but thanks do you guys know of any local stores who might sell ca glue and accelerator

hobby stores are usually the best/cheapest places to get it

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

any of yall heard of insta cure and maxicure ones thick like a gel the other thin like a super glue which would be better?

used both of them...but they are usually more expensive than smaller companies' CA. Id use medium thickness, mostly cuz the thick stuff wont like to soak through, while the thin stuff will just soak into the ponte and usually spread out, not making it to the object.

Archived