Second Skin Audio

subs don't hit lows

rambo.93

aight, ill go try out you headunit suggestions. i wasnt trying to get more out of a bad system, just trying to optimize the system i have. which i why i think i have to build a new box.

and as for that front facing sub, i dont think i could easily do that so i guess ill leave it faced back. thanks tho!

aight, ill go try out you headunit suggestions. i wasnt trying to get more out of a bad system, just trying to optimize the system i have. which i why i think i have to build a new box.

and as for that front facing sub, i dont think i could easily do that so i guess ill leave it faced back. thanks tho!

Lol, wasn't saying you had a bad system, I was just saying that those settings aren't supposed to be used to increase the power or output of your system by a significant amount. Hopefully you will notice a big difference in sound quality. You've got a good start on your setup man! Everyone one here is always glad to give advice.

Edit, also, if you want to post, or send me a PM with the T/S parameters of your subs, I could throw them into WinISD for you. Unfortunately, I don't have a link to Torres for you.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular CabPioneer MVH-P7300Orion 800.4Planet Audio Big Bang series 6.5 componentsJL G17002 Diamond Audio D610D4's

Build log

women drivers no survivors

Set your low pass filter to 50 or 60 hz. Might make a bit of a difference. If you have a low pass setting on your deck set that to the same as your amp. They are 10s so they arn't going to hit the lows like 15s or 18s no matter what..

My GMC Envoy KICKER Build

2002 GMC Envoy SLT

Pioneer deh-7400HD head unit

Pioneer 6 1/2 door speakers (front & back)

Stock Tweeters

Kicker ZX500.1 amp

2 Kicker 15 inch Comps in 8.4 cu. ft. box (32hz)

3.5 farad Absolute capacitor

4 gauge Raptor Power/Ground

Simple Budget Build, but LOUD and fun!

~-jrood1992~

No problem. Ideally in "most" cars you want to have the subs facing forward and sealed off. But every car is different. As for torres the current version is working fine for me. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is when I save a box and close the program then open it back up it screws the tuning up. I just take a screen shot of it instead of saving it though to get around that

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

Set your low pass filter to 50 or 60 hz. Might make a bit of a difference. If you have a low pass setting on your deck set that to the same as your amp. They are 10s so they arn't going to hit the lows like 15s or 18s no matter what..

Size does not effect the frequency that the subs play at. Just the output from the difference in cone area. 99% of the time 15's or 18's will be louder only because of that

secondbox1.png

aight, so how does that look?

and thanks man. i think my last system was actually better than this one, but oh well...haha and idk what T/S is..

and I have never actually heard 15's or 18's in person before so idk what that sounds like, but i was hoping that these would get relatively close to my old 2 alpine type S 12's in their sealed box...but maybe not. i dont honestly know.

and ok, i had heard people saying that the latest torres version was messed up, but if not then fantastic!

Honestly I would start a new thread asking for help with a box. Might get you more input from other people. I'm not a box building pro but everything looks good to me. I personally would try to stay in between 2.5-2.8f^3 for net volume and try and stay closer to 12in^2 port area per foot because those subs don't have very much xmax

Archived