Is there any benefit to shielded speaker wire?

wellington

I got 25' for $27 at radio shack.

I am going to put my 2 channel in the back and ground it to the battery and run the speaker wires to the back of the head unit.

15awg, OFC.

Did I waste money on useless shielding or will this actually help block some noise while the wires go near some electrical stuff?

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2319.jpg

DSCN2320.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

But here's the thing, I thought RCA's carry the signal, which is why the internal wire in it is shielded to protect from noise. All a speaker wire does is transfer current from the amplifier to the speaker for it to play.

Looks like one of those gimmicks those only ultra-home audio audiophiles tend to care for.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Though of course, I could be wrong.

Test that fancy wire against a regular speaker wire, and see if you notice any audible difference.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Though of course, I could be wrong.

Test that fancy wire against a regular speaker wire, and see if you notice any audible difference.

For me to do that would require me to route both wires under carpet and around bolts and such...

:/

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived