iwannabeloud Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 What are some good 3/4" or 1" dome tweets that sound good and won't break the bank, around 30 $40 $50 bucks? Right now I have some q power from my local shop and they distort like crazy. These suck I have them crossed at 5k and still distort at low volume. Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.
BobbyG2 Posted December 16, 2012 Report Posted December 16, 2012 What amp? And is that $50 each or for the pair? *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
Omega5002 Posted December 16, 2012 Report Posted December 16, 2012 What is your installation requirements? I know some great 1' tweeters from parts-express that'll cost $50 for a pair 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
iwannabeloud Posted December 16, 2012 Author Report Posted December 16, 2012 The amp is a Sundown SAX-100.4 Revision C and I want them flush mounted. Around $50 for a pair I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.
iwannabeloud Posted December 16, 2012 Author Report Posted December 16, 2012 What about these, any thoughts? http://www.sonicelec...RIME-R1T-S.html Prime Series Tweeter Kit Power Handling: Peak: 160 watts per set / 80 watts each side RMS: 80 watts per set / 40 watts each side [*]1" Tweeter features a lightweight Mylar dome delivering crisp sound reproduction [*]Low distortion material allows accurate reproduction of high frequencies for an open sound stage [*]Frequency response: 2,500 - 22,000 Hz [*]Free air resonance: 2,600 Hz [*]Sensitivity: 72.5 dB [*]Surface/angle and flush mount [*]Contains mounting hardware [*]Grilles/trim rings included [*]1-year Manufacturer's warranty I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.
Sonic Posted December 16, 2012 Report Posted December 16, 2012 What about these, any thoughts? http://www.sonicelec...RIME-R1T-S.html Prime Series Tweeter Kit Power Handling: Peak: 160 watts per set / 80 watts each side RMS: 80 watts per set / 40 watts each side [*]1" Tweeter features a lightweight Mylar dome delivering crisp sound reproduction [*]Low distortion material allows accurate reproduction of high frequencies for an open sound stage [*]Frequency response: 2,500 - 22,000 Hz [*]Free air resonance: 2,600 Hz [*]Sensitivity: 72.5 dB [*]Surface/angle and flush mount [*]Contains mounting hardware [*]Grilles/trim rings included [*]1-year Manufacturer's warranty Meh... $100 bucks a pair would give you a nice pair, you always get what you pay for, just saying.
BobbyG2 Posted December 16, 2012 Report Posted December 16, 2012 A little more than $50 (about $64) for the pair, but these would be great! http://www.parts-exp...number=264-1006 And for around $100 for the pair, these would sound amazing! http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=275-140 *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
Omega5002 Posted December 16, 2012 Report Posted December 16, 2012 These would work great as well http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-822 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Sonic Posted December 16, 2012 Report Posted December 16, 2012 Mann, I would spend the extra cash and get these: Aluminum dome http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hard-dome-tweeter/seas-prestige-27tafnc/g-h1397-1-aluminum-dome-tweeter/ or Textile dome http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-tweeters/seas-prestige-27tffnc/g-h1396-1-textile-dome-tweeter/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.