SA8 for Computer?

Probably. I've got myself a Fosgate R2D2 12" on a bash 300s (plate amp most klipsch subs use). It sounds astounding and gets LOW. Tuned to 29.... I have it firing forward but I'm going to make a new down-firing enclosure this spring. Put a sick Fosgate logo on the front.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Run a plate amp. Much easier to setup, and better chance of a solid power source.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Already ordered everything this weekend.

Found a kick ass computer power supply that puts out 56 amps on the 12V Rail, which will be fine pushing the 400 watt mono amp I ordered. Went with the MB quart FX 400.1, which is 2 ohms stable. That was only 62 bucks and the power supply was 40, so for 102 I have a 400 watt setup. The amount of cash I would have needed to spend for a plate amp setup to push the same power is just silly.

I should have this all rigged up this week, I will post pics and vids when it is done.

:drink40:

| Pioneer | DC Audio | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

My 300w plate amp was $157. Well worth it.

Just looked... 500wrms @ 4 ohm amplifier for $215 on eBay brand new. *shrug* oh well. Can't wait for pics.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

The other issue is that the sub I have is a D4. SO I cant run it at 4 ohms which is what all the plate amps runs at. I assume 8 ohms would cut the power to half, in which case I would need a massive plate amp. Would be cheaper to recone the thing than to pay the difference on a plate amp.

For just a budget setup I think this will work well. I got a good deal on an SA8 and always wanted to play with one. When I broke down the cost of running like 6 of them in my car, or putting a few in my girls it was just better for me to use one for my computer LOL. I can see 8's being a black hole of money for the car.

Archived