Second Skin Audio

Rockford Shallow P3

Well from what I heard from a salesman from cartunes the kicker cvt line is garbage. He figured they sounded like the cvr until a customer complained of the sound in his vehicle. Needless to say he won't even sell them to anyone even though they sell them. I am not sure about the rockford shallows as far as sound I as well was looking them up the other day. Personally though I've installed 2 pioneer shallow mount 12's and they only take like .5 cu ft each and sound good. They don't hit low low but are very responsive and sound great. Plus they are quite inexpensive. From what i could find they also require the least amount of airspace compared to other stuff. My brother has a ford explorer sport trac and I had him convinced on 2 kicker l7 8's in a sealed box using up at least .33 cu ft. and a mounting depth of like 4 and 3/4 or something like that. The 10" l7 requires at least .66 but has a larger mounting depth over 6" i think so if that would work for what you trying to do....how big of a box can you fit and what about depth? What about under the seat?

BTW here is a site I found for under the seats...http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2104...

Are you able to do some speaker box fabing?

honestly that's the first I have heard someone say they don't like the CVT...ALL the other feedback has ALL been positive...

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

I think something must have been messed up...to me it makes no sense for a salesman to bs with me especially when he says he likes the comp (lowest of your line) more than any of the other ones for their responsiveness and efficiency (least power.) Especially when he wasn't trying to sell us a different sub like the jl...I've loved all of the kicker stuff I've heard, I'll have to hear the cvt's for myself! :D

Again though I love kicker and was shocked that they said the cvts sucked...don't know why...I'll hear them sooner or later!