Second Skin Audio

Rockford Shallow P3

ok so my parents suprised me and brought me home a 04 f-150 with a 5.4l extended cab (really nice) and it has what ford calls the premium stereo with sub and tweeters, but cmon now ford

now i have mostly been following kicker but rockford deep down i love you, anyway to get to the point i had a question, havnt looked yet but its l8 and yea was wondering, anyway to do a box build with 4 12" rockford shallows behind the extended cab seat and do a nice amp rack under the bottom part? dont kno if it will fit or how it would sound...input any1?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Well from what I heard from a salesman from cartunes the kicker cvt line is garbage. He figured they sounded like the cvr until a customer complained of the sound in his vehicle. Needless to say he won't even sell them to anyone even though they sell them. I am not sure about the rockford shallows as far as sound I as well was looking them up the other day. Personally though I've installed 2 pioneer shallow mount 12's and they only take like .5 cu ft each and sound good. They don't hit low low but are very responsive and sound great. Plus they are quite inexpensive. From what i could find they also require the least amount of airspace compared to other stuff. My brother has a ford explorer sport trac and I had him convinced on 2 kicker l7 8's in a sealed box using up at least .33 cu ft. and a mounting depth of like 4 and 3/4 or something like that. The 10" l7 requires at least .66 but has a larger mounting depth over 6" i think so if that would work for what you trying to do....how big of a box can you fit and what about depth? What about under the seat?

BTW here is a site I found for under the seats...http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2104...

Are you able to do some speaker box fabing?

Edited by aquill1

Well from what I heard from a salesman from cartunes the kicker cvt line is garbage. He figured they sounded like the cvr until a customer complained of the sound in his vehicle. Needless to say he won't even sell them to anyone even though they sell them. I am not sure about the rockford shallows as far as sound I as well was looking them up the other day. Personally though I've installed 2 pioneer shallow mount 12's and they only take like .5 cu ft each and sound good. They don't hit low low but are very responsive and sound great. Plus they are quite inexpensive. From what i could find they also require the least amount of airspace compared to other stuff. My brother has a ford explorer sport trac and I had him convinced on 2 kicker l7 8's in a sealed box using up at least .33 cu ft. and a mounting depth of like 4 and 3/4 or something like that. The 10" l7 requires at least .66 but has a larger mounting depth over 6" i think so if that would work for what you trying to do....how big of a box can you fit and what about depth? What about under the seat?

havnt really looked yet, i have the cvt's 2 12"s and im pretty happy with them, but ive also heard the rockfords and they sound nice, i wanted to put 2-3 amps under the seat and make a nice plexi led box, so i was thinking more of behind for the subs...havnt done any measuring yet, just got it today and now its dark, ill have to take a look tommorro

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

havnt really looked yet, i have the cvt's 2 12"s and im pretty happy with them, but ive also heard the rockfords and they sound nice, i wanted to put 2-3 amps under the seat and make a nice plexi led box, so i was thinking more of behind for the subs...havnt done any measuring yet, just got it today and now its dark, ill have to take a look tommorro

any1 have any other suggestions?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Your happy with the cvts? The guy I talked to bashed them and he's a salesman making money for the company. I wonder what they did wrong? The cartunes place is actually a reputable business and they sell jl audio so they aren't a crappy shop so I wonder why they sucked? Actually he recommended the comp series over the cvr and cvt line. Which those are the least expensive of the entire kicker line! If not kicker he recommended the pioneer shallows that they sell 2 for 200 bucks but they only sell the premier line. I've personally installed the pioneers and I was really shocked how those sounded. Good luck finding something out! Somebody was saying something about RE shallow mounts subs somewhere on here. You know the way they rep RE so I'd imagine those would have to be good!

Your happy with the cvts? The guy I talked to bashed them and he's a salesman making money for the company. I wonder what they did wrong? The cartunes place is actually a reputable business and they sell jl audio so they aren't a crappy shop so I wonder why they sucked? Actually he recommended the comp series over the cvr and cvt line. Which those are the least expensive of the entire kicker line! If not kicker he recommended the pioneer shallows that they sell 2 for 200 bucks but they only sell the premier line. I've personally installed the pioneers and I was really shocked how those sounded. Good luck finding something out! Somebody was saying something about RE shallow mounts subs somewhere on here. You know the way they rep RE so I'd imagine those would have to be good!

id love to stick some re's or fi's in there but dont wanna lose all that space, i have 2 12" cvt's bein fed 1500 watts and there hittin 132 db, and sound nice doing so, idk i guess ill have to keep searching

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

See told you I saw some re shallow's on here somewhere...You have any videos of the cvt's?

those are the cvt's, box is 7 inches deep from front to back

hey david thanks a ton for tellin me about those re's, those look sick...any1 heard any of those yet? or are they even for sale for that matter?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg