My rant about tweeters

Jessica

Well, There is a lot of good advice here, Thanks to all that have posted. I will try as much of this as it takes.

Right now they aren't exactly pointed at the windshield. They are in the corner of the front window where the side mirror mount is pointing across the car and slightly away from me. Pointing them at me seems to worsen the harshness.

They are mounted where the ones in this pic are, and pretty much this angle. (these are my polk tweeters not the fosgates. Which, actually i think may have sounded better lol :/ )

101_1469_zps95ff7f6f.jpg

I am going to get the passive's hooked up, and i will get some double sided sticky tape and see how they sound up on the "A" pillars at various angles.

And if all else fails i will try to find some silk dome's and go from there.

This is my suggestion to what I would to with those tweeters in this pic ...

take you a small "all threaded" bolt and install your tweeter on the end of the bolt with the necessary washers and nuts ... Then just past the tweeter, bend the bolt to a 45 degree angle and install them to your sail pannel with your tweeters aiming towards your ... well, your left door aiming towards your passenger sunvisor and your right door aiming towards your left sunvisor ... then start testing and tuning from there ... Your 45 degree angle should have your on / off axis equasions close ...

If all else fails, you may have to go extreme and aim the left tweeter directly at your driver left ear and aim the right tweeter directly at your right ear ... I know, they will not look any where even in your car, but its the "Correct" sound you are looking for anyways ...

again, just my suggestion here ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I went through 2 sets of those tweeters, they are too harsh and would not handle the power I was giving them. I switched the T2 aluminums out for the T1 tweeters and it made a noticeable difference and sounded way better.

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

Archived