Jessica Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 So, after hours of tweaking and tuning I finally have got my aluminum dome tweeters to calm the "f" down. I have these Fosgate t2652-s components. Running active, 5222hz 12db high pass to tweeters up near "a" pillars pointed at windshield. Gain on 65x4 amp all the way down, on front channel, and fader one notch to the rear and cutting 15khz by -3 to -4db and it actually doesn't make me want to kick puppies anymore from the harshness. I just figured it must be my car's acoustics but still, you would think rockford fosgate could build a tweeter that doesnt cut your face off every time a singer makes an "S" sound. I really want to get a second set of these components but i doubt i need an extra set of tweeters, and i don't need the crossovers so $200 for a set of mids is kinda lame. I wasn't expecting this to be an issue. So now i have to decide if i want to jut stick with my original plan, or just start over and get different speaker. because from what i can tell you can't just order a t2 6.5 by itself. ugghh. Does anyone else ave this much trouble with aluminum tweeters? Any tips other than what i listed? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Watch the bass Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 Silkdomes! "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
Jessica Posted December 19, 2012 Author Report Posted December 19, 2012 Silkdomes! yeah, i know. I just wish i wouldn't have bought the rockfords now. $220 and for what? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Sanitarium Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 a little tweet goes a long way. it's not the manufacturer's fault people try to go for as loud as possible out the gate. to get my AQ super tweets down to where they were balanced with the rest of the system i wound up wiring them in series for an 8 ohm load and putting the gain on my 125x2@4 amp down to just a hair above nothing. while putting my mids at 4 ohms on a 100 x 4 @ 4 amp and putting that gain near the top.
n8ball2013 Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 Staging goes a long way tweets up high can be a little loud and in your face THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Jessica Posted December 19, 2012 Author Report Posted December 19, 2012 Well sonic has the t2's marked down to 185 now, so I guess i will go ahead and just get another set. I might email rockford and see if i can get just a set of mids from them, but i am thinking they will probably want msrp and i will spend close to that just for the mids. Live and learn i guess. lol Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
zxsonnyxz Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 I have an entry level Focal set with alu tweets in the a-pillars, and I need to use the -6db (lowest) "option" in the passive x-overs to make it bearable. Sometimes I even turn it down some more on the hu. Not a very good sounding system, but I get music. STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
Goblenator Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 it cracks me up seeing people with 3 pairs of mids and 3 pairs of supertweeters, it's overkill. i'm gonna be running 3 pairs of 8's seeing 150 watts a piece and 1 pair of supertweeters seeing about 60 watts a piece and they will be plenty loud enough.
Jessica Posted December 19, 2012 Author Report Posted December 19, 2012 I have an entry level Focal set with alu tweets in the a-pillars, and I need to use the -6db (lowest) "option" in the passive x-overs to make it bearable. Sometimes I even turn it down some more on the hu. Not a very good sounding system, but I get music. Yeah, i get that tweeters have a really high sensitivity, but damn, all my aluminum tweets just murder "S" sounds. That's why i think it may be my vehicle. Even mounted near the kicks i have that issue. Whatever, i can just e.q. it out of them. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Swordlordboy1234 Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 My Polk mm tweeters sound amazing. Super freaking loud, yet smooth and no harsh S's...I did turn my 3.5k down 1 notch on my EQ but after that it really is impressive. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.