Sundown Audio

Amp problems- haalp

Afficionado

dude..no. its literally impossible to wire 2 d4's to 2 ohms. stop it.

op, your subwoofer wiring is fucked up. fix it. unfortunately, you bought dual 4 woofers when you need dual 2's to wire the amp to 2 ohms. you can either wire to 4 ohms and get 750w out of the amp, get different subs, or get a different amp.

op, your subwoofer wiring is fucked up. fix it. unfortunately, you bought dual 4 woofers when you need dual 2's to wire the amp to 2 ohms. you can either wire to 4 ohms and get 750w out of the amp, get different subs, or get a different amp.

until i get a new car i'm pretty content with these subs. but i will probably sell the amp once it's fixed, i figure i can get around $300 for it. should i save a little more money and try to get a big boy Crescendo on here?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

until i get a new car i'm pretty content with these subs. but i will probably sell the amp once it's fixed, i figure i can get around $300 for it. should i save a little more money and try to get a big boy Crescendo on here?

only nendo that would be worthwhile for your current situation is a bc2000. but you likely have to do electrical upgrades like batteries and maybe an alt.

only nendo that would be worthwhile for your current situation is a bc2000. but you likely have to do electrical upgrades like batteries and maybe an alt.

i was thinking a 3500 that i would just use very low, because i will be able to use it when i get a new vehicle and i do a much bigger install...

should i just stop thinking and listen to you guys?

also, all wired is ordered to upgrade all electrical.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

i was thinking a 3500 that i would just use very low, because i will be able to use it when i get a new vehicle and i do a much bigger install...

you CAN use a 3500, but it will only be a useful $1500 investment (amp + electrical) if you buy woofers that can take that power.

you CAN use a 3500, but it will only be a useful $1500 investment (amp + electrical) if you buy woofers that can take that power.

eventually i WILL be doing a much bigger set-up.

You should get the 2k amp Kranny mentioned.... Adding a 3.5k with factory electrical will result in bad voltage drop. There is a good chance the 3.5k won't survive until the bigger set-up upgrade you have planned. Not being a dick, just trying to tell you how it is. If your having trouble wiring your subs correctly, your not ready for a 3.5k and less than adequate electrical.

Archived