Birdgang502 Posted December 21, 2012 Report Posted December 21, 2012 Was testing RCA output on HU with oscope and slipped with probes thus far connecting +/-..... Now HU turns on with eject button and all other buttons will not work... I take it I fried HU??
dereileak Posted December 21, 2012 Report Posted December 21, 2012 sounds like it, what were you testing, the two speaker wires? or ground and positive? 2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd ManualPioneer 4300DVD2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub AmpKicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)Kicker KQ3 Active CrossoverKicker KQ30 EqualizerKicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -) 1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -) 300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker WireXS Power D3400 (Rear)XS Power D3100 (Front)Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)
glockman513 Posted December 25, 2012 Report Posted December 25, 2012 rca output If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN
SLYentist Posted December 25, 2012 Report Posted December 25, 2012 depending on the make and design of the HU, it probably fried a small printed circuit inside the unit somewhere. If disconnecting the power for a few hours doesn't fix your problem, it might be a lost cause. Edit: check the mini-fuse on the back of the unit. Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.
Noel989 Posted December 25, 2012 Report Posted December 25, 2012 Something similar like this happen to me the + and the - speaker cable touched on I tought my amp blew it didn't work so I took out the fuse so it wouldn't be on and then for some reason I put the fuse back and all channels have work since I've had zero prombles with it Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.