Singer Alternator - Install with pics - Clamp Test Results for DC5K and Singer Alt

My bad. I'm losing patience with this thing. I dropped 2 sockets and had to go down to remove the panels and find it. I give props to people who do this for a living.

Update: still manually unscrewing the tensioner belt. This damn thing is too long. I wish I had one of those air pressure tools.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

The update: I've taken out the stock alt.

no-alt.jpg

The clearance through this little hole was barely.

takeout-clearance.jpg

14mm bracket bolt on left, 12mm tensioner and block bolt on the right.

the-alt-bolts.jpg

Stock 80A Denso Alt on the left, 200A Singer on the right.

stockalt-vs-singer-1.jpg

stockalt-vs-singer-2.jpg

As you can see the pulley on the singer is a lot smaller than the stock alt. Hence why I had to buy a belt that is 1/2" to 3/4" smaller than my stock size.

I got one that was about 1/2" smaller. I hope it's small enough.

Next up, I will be creating the ground wire for the singer alt and putting in the alt.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I have a new problem. I can't get this die out of my crimper. Any ideas?

I was crimping 4 gauge wire using a 0 gauge post terminal so I figured it was better to use a smaller die. (I went from my normal 35 to 25).

As a result, it somehow got stuck and I can't remove it. I didn't know until today.

Edit: got it out. Used a Kershaw knife to pry it out. Can't have too many knives :)

crimp-stuck.jpg

I got the singer alt in and new belt in. I'm tightening the tensioner bolt right now.

My question is, is it problematic if I put the belt on too tight? I pretty much should stop tightening the tensioner belt once I get that 1/4" distance when I push on the belt right?

My ground wire is touching the alt a little but it shouldn't be a problem according to Mike so I think i'm good.

pics here:

alt-ground-wire-1.jpg

alt-ground-wire-2.jpg

alt-ground-wire-3.jpg

Hey guys, I currently have 1 run of Knu Flex OFC wire for the power on the alt. Should I add in 1 more run of power wire for a total of 2 runs or is this not necessary?

If i do add an additional power run, it will be DIYMA CCA 0 Gauge run. is this worth the trouble?

Archived