clean under distributor cap

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

^^coil pack. No distributor. What engine is it in the thunderbird? I to have a snap on solus and it is an amazing tool. This could be a tough one friend. By chance have you done a compression check of the cylinders? I'd pull the plugs and see what they look like. Kind of sounds like the puddle was just a coincidence . Water would have evaporated by now. You know starting fluid works good also for finding vacumn leaks. The smoke thing isn't a dead giveaway every time. Still might have a crack in the hose that the smoke couldn't get out of.

grounds are all good? Also I wonder if it has anything to do with vacuum/tranny area...I know you already checked all the vacuum lines....

Yes grounds are all good i even added more the tranny was looked and and there is no vacuum leaks

clean under distributor cap

Replaced Coil packs both sides

^^coil pack. No distributor. What engine is it in the thunderbird? I to have a snap on solus and it is an amazing tool. This could be a tough one friend. By chance have you done a compression check of the cylinders? I'd pull the plugs and see what they look like. Kind of sounds like the puddle was just a coincidence . Water would have evaporated by now. You know starting fluid works good also for finding vacumn leaks. The smoke thing isn't a dead giveaway every time. Still might have a crack in the hose that the smoke couldn't get out of.

Its a 4.6, i did spray all around with starting fluid no idle rise or decrease so im putting the vacuum leak out now and i did replace all vacuum hoses in the engine bay even to the EVAP system most of my hoses were brittle so it was on like 10 bucks to replace all. other than that my fuel trims are in the - now so i know there is no vac leaks just still having the probe with it in gear

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

So what about a compression check? How many miles on it? The snap on scanner you showed a picture of, can you put the cylinders on a graph with that and watch the spark and injector pulses? Try to see if there's a cylinder dipping on either or both of those?

Archived