DC Sound Lab

DC5K Clamp Test (See New Thread. This one is not accurate)

Just shot these real quick tonight while I was testing 2 of my Level 6 15s free air.

acA- 5.45a

acV- 38.1v

= 207.645w @ 6.99 ohms

This was done with the 5k turned up just under half volume.

This test was not done to show power output, but to show how to properly clamp an amplifier.

Thanks. I will check this out tomorrow.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

So when I clamp the amp do I want my DC Voltage to be above 12.5V? Someone above was asking if I clipped it during the clamp. Would it affect the results if the DC Voltage drops below 12V?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I've recorded new videos. I'm going to post them here after I've uploaded. Apparently the Pmax function on my clamp meter is indeed not working correctly; as a result, I will be driving to Sears today to exchange it for a different one.

Can you guys lock this thread please?

I've created a new one here:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/158663-dc5k-clamp-test-second-try-with-oscope-hooked-up/

I created a new thread because the results in this video were not accurate due to a faulty function on the clamp meter. A new thread will help keep everything clear and organized.

Thanks!