DC Sound Lab

DC5K Clamp Test (See New Thread. This one is not accurate)

Update: These videos are not accurate because the Pmax function on my clamp meter was not working properly. See new thread here:

_______ (I will post thread link later once I've uploaded all of the clamp runs).

http://youtu.be/8k1C5W1nLNA

The only mistake I made during the clamp test was I went 1 volume over the max tuned volume on my headunit. I don't think this will effect the results except the fact that I probably sent dirty power for that 1/2 second. I rolled the volume up and down a little bit at one point so that is why you will see the voltage go up and down at one point.My DMM didn't have peakhold so I had to record it.Results:65.3V AC * 85.8A AC5602.74 Watts MaxDC Voltage dropped down to about 11.5V during the clamp.My DC Audio system doesn't sound as loud as my old 1200W eD system so I really hope getting a new box built by CJ will help the output. I still have to find a new place to put the XP3000 if I want to do this just to make space inside the trunk. Maybe put the XP3000 behind the passenger seat? Who knows. I wish I had more room to work with. Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

At .77 ohms reactive. Damn son, what are you wired to?

Any idea what your DC voltage drop was?

At .77 ohms reactive. Damn son, what are you wired to?

Any idea what your DC voltage drop was?

DC Voltage went down to 11.5

Nominal resistance with the subs inside the box is 0.8ohms.

0.77 reactive bad or good?

Actually the DC Voltage is probably 11.3V because I haven't recalibrate the Stinger Meter yet. Stinger Meter is .2V too high than what my DMM reads.

When we do this we only care for the max results right? Because it looks like the AC Voltage was more steady around 63V.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

It's puzzling... It means you have zero box rise.

Did you measure .8 ohms with your DMM?

It's puzzling... It means you have zero box rise.

Did you measure .8 ohms with your DMM?

What's weird is when I measure closest to the DC5K speaker inputs it oscillates from 0.8ohms to 0.9ohms

When I measure close to my speaker box output terminals it oscillates between 0.7ohms to 0.8ohms.

I will make a video of the measurements when I get home later.

Is 0 box rise even possible? All I know is my DC Audio system sounds like crap with the sub box that I have now compared to my old sub setup.

Edited by moh.vze.com

Here is a video of my first DC 5K clamp run. This one I forgot to turn the bassknob all the way up so the output power will be lower.

http://youtu.be/x5e3zFG70Rc

Edited by moh.vze.com

Touch the leads together on your multi meter. If it reads anything other than zero, subtract that from what you measure

Touch the leads together on your multi meter. If it reads anything other than zero, subtract that from what you measure

I did it last night and it read 0.1ohms

I am clueless with this one. I have never done a clamp test where the AC Voltage was lower than the Amperage.

Since I cant see where the meters are hooked in, I just want to make sure that the DMM went into the positive and negative speaker wires and the clamp went around the positive speaker wire.