Second Skin Audio

6th Order Bandpass

PaulO2288

I personally love bandpass boxes

standard ported bandpass, and transmission line bandpass

Transmission line get louder than standard ported bandpass, and hold power OK, but should be high passed

Again, you are talking about dual tuned, not single tuned

if you have BB6.0 try some box designs there till you get the idea on ratios of port tuning, to airspace ratios

What you have got to think about, for SPL on a dual tuned, you want to combine both high tuned, and low tuned to get one other frequency

basically a 30hz, and a 60hz tuning should see a gain of 45hz, and depending on port and box sizes, you can get the 45hz gain really peaky, like for spl, or pretty flat for SQ

Basically smaller box, larger port SPL

or larger box, smaller port SQ

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I have some I designed here on my comp

Its a pretty simple comcept actually

the port the sub fires in to, is slightly tapered, and the sealed side, just add polyfill to adjust box Q

I will post one or 2 up in here

my opinion, its a damn good sounding box style, and people I have walked thru on designs who actually built them swore up and down how loud they got over conventional designs

and LOWWWW

My very first one, well mesin with it, I tuned it to 40hz, but had a boost at 20hz, 3db, and the result was a 10" that played lows like no other group of 10s I had ever heard... Easily sounded like a good pair of 18" Theater subwoofers at a high quality movie theater.

To this day I have that box still, but it had rattled itself apart

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

sundown.jpg

Archived