New D3100 resting @ 12.76

Normal resting is 12.8-13.2, you batts above 12.6 so it's good to go and don't need to charger first

Why would XS pwer say otherwise about charging before use?

I'm not sure where you got that from? Nathan will tell that himself, if you ask. The instructions with the batts are a general good practice. Topping them off won't hurt, but in some cases, people don't have a charger, and 2 there using the wrong kind. So if they don't need to buy one then go with it. Personally I would suggest anyone investing in Xs batts to buy a charger, but I know it's not practical for everyone. Hell I own 3 of there charges, 1 mobil and 2 mounted in the xterra. They prolong the battery investment if maintained properly. But remember over charging a battery with the wrong charger is just as bad and not maintaining at all.

Being a "seller" for a company you should never publicly tell someone to go against what's written in the literature included with the product. Unless of course it's outdated or misprinted. Nathan has also posted to charge a battery before use. So that's two places I get my information from. I understand what you're saying, but you said you added 7 more batts your bank in another post because you want to take care of your gear. That's a big junk of change, but then you say pass on a charger? You can pick up smart chargers for 50 bucks that are agm friendly.

I have a charger, dont get me wrong about that. ALL of my batteries came to me resting at 14.8 out of the box. I put the charger on 1 just for shits and giggles and it never charged, it immedaitely floated and said fully charged. Why would I need to leave it on the charger then? If I want to charge the batteries, I will just turn the amps off and drive around and let my alternator do what it is designed to do. Now after a long week of beating the shit out of the battery bank, I will leave them on the charger over the weekend and let them top back off.

Some batteries do need to be charged when you get them though. Say you buy a battery from an XS dealer and it has been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for awhile. You might get a battery that is resting at 12.3v. Now that battery needs to be charged up before installing. It just varies from case to case. It is very simple to take a dmm and check the voltage of the battery when you get it. If you get a 12v battery that is resting at 12.8v, there is no need to charge it before installing.

Yep. My XS D2400 from AudioSavings came at 12.4V

d2400_voltage.JPG

XP3000 arrived out of the box at 12.7V

xp3000_voltage.JPG

By the way, the batteries are pretty much being charged on the Ctek 7002 whenever my vehicle is not being used.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived