Mechman Alternators

Which series alt

As some of you know, I'm getting ready to start a big build, now I have to pick an alt.

I'm trying to pick an alt for my 4.3 blazer.

I've ruled out the S series all together pretty much. Not low idle friendly.

The truck idles @500rmp after warm up. Here in usaci you can only turn 1200rmp while you run, so I'm leaning to the elite 250 and G series 270.

If can come up with the cash in a timely fashion, I'll go with the 370 but this is doubtful.

I guess I'm debating if the extra 20amps on the top end is worth the less output with low engine speeds.

hey there kyle!since you have such a low rpm limitation i'd advice you to go to the lower idle alt since you'll need the most you can get out of it in those rpms.and also if you can get an underdrive pulley upgrade(if there isn't one already on them...)do spend those extra bucks on that so that you can squeeze a little bit more amperes out of it

'92 toy rolla EE90/AE92 1.3lt 12 x 8inch beyma (mids) 6 x beyma CP21-F tweeters(highs) 4 x 15 SPL Dynamics SPL380 D2(walled) 2 x ESX Vision 2500.2(mids,highs) 1 x SPL Dynamics D9-XS(subs) 4 x stinger SPV70 + 5 X SVR platinum 3500P batts 157.2 official on db drag comp-157.3 on same comp but eliminated...still a work in progress... Team Hxomania Trikala http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/156885-lil-noisy-toy-rolla/

Well I have a $400 credit from that contest, but I have to do this from the ground up, I lost a lot of stuff when I flipped my car, so money is super tight.

They might be able to do that, but I really plan on doing a lot of demoing with this build.

The more I think about it, I think the elite is the way to go.

1200rpm turn on... that will be the factor...

Have you called the big alt guys, and see if they could custom build you a monster, at that rev?

bro i think that kyle means there is an rpm limitation to the category he is planning on competing that doesn't allow higher rpm when playing.that means that if he can get an alt that has output even from 500 rpm(his idle) and can get the most out of it at 1200rpm it would be the best for him Edited by aps01

'92 toy rolla EE90/AE92 1.3lt 12 x 8inch beyma (mids) 6 x beyma CP21-F tweeters(highs) 4 x 15 SPL Dynamics SPL380 D2(walled) 2 x ESX Vision 2500.2(mids,highs) 1 x SPL Dynamics D9-XS(subs) 4 x stinger SPV70 + 5 X SVR platinum 3500P batts 157.2 official on db drag comp-157.3 on same comp but eliminated...still a work in progress... Team Hxomania Trikala http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/156885-lil-noisy-toy-rolla/

Well I have a $400 credit from that contest, but I have to do this from the ground up, I lost a lot of stuff when I flipped my car, so money is super tight.

They might be able to do that, but I really plan on doing a lot of demoing with this build.

The more I think about it, I think the elite is the way to go.

elite would be nice...i'd love to have one elite too,or even 2...the more the better

there is no bracket for the dual alt install in mine either kyle...it's always a custom install when it comes to toyotas with such a small engine as mine...i bet you'll find a way to fit 2 in there :good: