1994 Deville, First system.

Just wanted to start off saying that Ive always watched and loved SMD's videos on youtube. The first time I saw the Tahoe I was amazed and always watched that same video. That was probably 3 or 4 years ago and finally I am old enough to have my own car. I got my car for free from my dad and we had to fix it up a bit for it to run. I just got a job a month ago and saved my money here and there. Christmas came along and I got some money. I managed to get 250 dollars and I decided to setup a system, In my 94 Cadillac Deville.

I bought 2 HFX12D4's. Which is 2 dual voice coil 12's at 4 ohms each. 400 rms 800 peak.

Also bought Crunch PZA2000.1. Which is 1 2000 watt peak amp. I was too stupid to remember to look for rms and ended up buying this.

Also bought a ported box tuned at 40 HZ

Had to buy a line output converter because changing the factory system would be more work than a normal car.

Heres some pictures of it

CAM00132.jpgsubs and amp before the box arrived

CAM00134.jpgThen the box arrived :)

CAM00137.jpgPicture I used to help me wire the subs to 1 ohm

CAM00138.jpgMy 8 gauge power wire I bought from lowes

CAM00153.jpgFuse

CAM00152.jpgWhole Engine area

CAM00154.jpgLine output converter I unplugged the 6x9 and wired it to the output convertor. The other wire below is the remote turn on

CAM00142.jpgAbove the subs Is where all this wiring is

CAM00143.jpgThen I ran the bass knob along with the power cable to the cab

CAM00149.jpgThis is where I put my bass knob

CAM00150.jpgHere is the knobCAM00151.jpgHeres how I drive around and keep it, When I leave my car I just push it into the little plastic area so no one can see the knob

CAM00141.jpgMy stereo :)

CAM00140.jpgHeres what my subs look like

CAM00144.jpgHeres my overall trunk

CAM00145.jpgI was satisfied with how loud it was. I felt pretty accomplished when I finished. Its pretty nice to say that I hooked this all up by myself as a 16 year old and that its my first system. My friends were impressed that I did it by myself and asked If I could do theirs instead of paying some guy to do it. Felt good to drive around and listen to music with my friends. Also I dont play music in neighborhoods or when im at a stoplight, Im not "that" kid.

you need bigger power wire

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

thats 8 gauge at the biggest. Id have 4 gauge.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Look at it this way, you are sucking a watermelon through a straw with that power wire. You will end up melting it and causing a fire if its not the correct size.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived