Note to self. Do not invert a sub, At least an orion. Mine blew up after like 3 days. Warranty though but out of the game for a bit. I have the video of it blowing i will post that soon

Build Log : http://www.stevemead...ion-hcca-build/

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Power Acoustic 3500.1

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

(2) Soundstream Bullet Tweeters

(Headunit) Kenwood KDC-400 U

And a whole lot of Determination...

Love the build man and the doors look great! I need to get around to cutting the grills out of my door...

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Note to self. Do not invert a sub, At least an orion. Mine blew up after like 3 days. Warranty though but out of the game for a bit. I have the video of it blowing i will post that soon

inverting it had nothing to do with it blowing, I'm guessing you were clipping the hell out of that power acoustic

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

inverting it had nothing to do with it blowing, I'm guessing you were clipping the hell out of that power acoustic

What are the tell tale signs of clipping?

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• Okay we here is a little update of what has been going on with the blazer since i haven't put any updates in a while. The orion blew due to clipping of the amp and just dirty power going to it. To fix that i am going to sell the amp soon and replace is with a Soundstream Tx 2600.1. I took out all my old "1/0 Wire" and replaced it with some Knue Konceptz wire that was much better quality and a true gauge wire. We made pods for the bullet tweeters and mounted them on the box and they cleaned up the system quite a bit and look badass. And the sub is still in the warranty process as they don't have any recone kits available at the moment but i am going to be getting on their asses soon because it has been almost 3 months without some bump. I have been helping install a couple buddies systems who have also joined the stereo game and even wired up a system all by myself which was a big accomplishment. I smoked the taillights and got some halo headlights and new fog lights to match. I got rid of the old wheels and mix-matched brand tires and got some helo 20" rims with some nito tires and it looks like a whole different truck. I plan on pasti-dipping my emblems with corresponding colors that i think will look badass and painting the chrome piece on my grille white to match the truck. So pretty much getting rid of a chrome. So until the sub gets back in i have some work to do and get ready for a competition when it rolls around. And i will post some pictures of what i just talked about to give a much better visual. Also when i get some extra cash i plan on getting another Orion 15 and doing a box i drew up that will be tuned rather low and run them both at .5 ohms. Let me know what you think

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

I plasti-dipped the chrome spoke inlays to white. I debadged the blazer and am soom painting the chevy emblem up front white with a black border and the whole chrome piece white as well. No more chrome for the blazer soon. Also got a call from the warranty department so woofer will be here soon. Probably going to order the soundstream amp in the next weeks/months.

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

• 1 month later...

Well here is some updates. I'm ordering a Mechman 270a high output in about 2 weeks or so. I'm doing my big 3 with Sky high OFC wire with soldered connections in about a day or 2 to get everything prepped for the new alternator. My headunit has been turning off a lot lately and im pretty sure its power deficiency due to it only happening when the bass hits so hopefully doing the big three and the bad ass alternator will fix that. And mechanically wise gonna replace my cheep-o cold air intake with a k&n just for better set of mind. And a lot of ideas are popping in my head on what to do. Any ideas at all would be appreciated as well as tips for the big 3 and soldering as this will be my first time on the field. I practiced a little but have been watching alot of videos. Thanks and some input would be nice.

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

Archived