Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Alpine SWR-12D4 enclosure help


Finedragon

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sub up/port back is usually loudest in SUVs. As you say a single 12 is little firepower for such a big vehicle.

That's good to know. Thanks. Not looking for much just daily listening, Maybe move on up as I get a little more experience and knowledge from you guys.

Well here are my first attempts at the design before building. This is the first time using SketchUp so please excuse the crappy job I did and no laughing icon_biggrin.gif . Also the bottom sticks out a little in the pic. Was not my intentions and couldn't get it to do right. >.>

Anyways did I get the measurements right for the specs in my initial post? I am terrible at math and probably screwed something up bad. Just wanted to verify my measurements and then maybe work up a Sub Up/Port Back. I assume the only difference would be to move the sub cut out to the top of the same box. Correct? Sorry to lean on you guys so much. Just want to get it right.

Click for Full

SWR-12d4box1tmb.png

Click for Full

SWR-12d4box2tmb.png

Posted

2 issues, there is an accuracy problem with the version of the calculator you are using, you may want to read more here:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/page__st__500#entry2281451

The other thing is that you measure the port along the centerline, the result is as follows:

Front to Back = 11 7/8 x 13 1/2

Extension = 8 x 13 1/2

Now your sketchup is great for a first one, if you use it frequently it gets easier fast.

Posted

Ok thanks for the heads up. That helps a ton. Is the 11 7/8" front to back accounting for the double front? My original TC says 15" for the depth but I added 3/4 to accommodate the added front piece. I forgot to mention that. If not then adding the extra 3/4 would then make the front to back cut to 12 5/8" x 13 1/2".

Posted

Right 12 5/8" with your assembly style, since you are doing a double baffle you need to declare that in the calculator "# of extra baffles" to 1.

Posted

Right 12 5/8" with your assembly style, since you are doing a double baffle you need to declare that in the calculator "# of extra baffles" to 1.

Excellent. Thanks for the help. I think I may get to cutting and working on it tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

Posted

Alright, glad to help, when you add the double baffle specs of the box change, if you still want 35Hz you will need to make it a little bigger:

2-1.jpg

Posted

Yes I adjusted the measurements to accommodate the second baffle. I changed the depth to 15.75 and it put me right back where I needed to be. Thanks for the heads up.

  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Sorry for the late response. The outcome was great. I love the box. It sounds fantastic. Thanks everyone for the help! Here was the final specs I used.

SWR-12d4box2tmb.png

Click for full

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3053 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...