Jump to content

decided to do an oilchange


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ya, I just say fuck it and go to a local garage for his 20$ oil/filter change.

I know all the mechanics and know they won't fuck up my shit, as well as I always bring it to the same place so it's not like they have to always look up the specs.

For 20$ it's not worth my time to save less than 5$

Cause if I buy it all myself, it's at least 2.50$ a qt, so for 5 qts that's 12.50, then 3-4$ for a filter. So that's at least 15-17$ in materials.

My time is worth more than the money I would save doing it myself.

And I'm fine with conventional. Sure then it's only 3k between changes, but that's alright. With 223k on the car running conventional it's whole life, I feel good about using it.

PLEASE tell me where the hell you can buy oil for $2.50 a qt. !!!

Posted

I drive @35k miles a year and change my oil every 3,333 miles (3 changes per 10k miles).

The first time you do it, it may take you a while just b/c you haven't done it many times. The more you do it, the better you will get at your routine. I can change oil in like 10 minutes- that includes getting jacks out, the oil change, and clean-up.

Just be sure you pre-fill the filter with oil (if it bolts to the bottom of the motor- as in it won't pour out on you) and make sure to wipe your filter's gasket with a good dab of oil when you put it on. Otherwise you and your friends may take turns trying to get that joker off of there- like getting Excalibur from the Stone. It also helps to change it when the motor is still hot- any gunk that is suspended in the oil goes with the oil and doesn't deposit as badly on the motor.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Posted

Pennzoil and quaker state share the same bottling co and are basically the same. No oil that is new caused anyone's engine problems. It's just blaming the oil for shit parts or shit treatment.

It had pennzoil before, worked great. Changed to quakerstate, smoked bad. Changed back to pennzoil, no more problem.

I dont know what the problem was, but obviously there was a difference.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 3261 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...