Sundown Audio

Mounting 2 Amps on Top of Eachother

SlamminBeats

So, how should i go about doing this. I'm mounting the 2 amps (both identical) on one rack stacked on top of each other Should i do some thread and separate them with nylon spacers than use the nuts to tighten it down?

Here is the rack and one amp already on it.

112eqdh.jpg

Here is my idea for mounting them.

14jm5i0.png

I know i suck at drawing but i hope people get the idea. The nuts tighten down the feet, and the spacer separates them. Any easier way of doing this please share.

i seen a guy take threaded rod an use that an nuts to keep the amps in place an stack them with that. i dont know how well that would work for u

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Yep- threaded rod. You can do like you said and use nylon spacers or use two nuts to lock them together to make the base of your second or stacked amp- that is how I did mine. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yep- threaded rod. You can do like you said and use nylon spacers or use two nuts to lock them together to make the base of your second or stacked amp- that is how I did mine. :D

i figured that had to be how it's done. I'll be trying that once it comes in.

Simple: rubber and metal washers. They make really tall washers so you don't have to pile 10 thin ones on top of each other..

I'm not sure how much it would sway but if you get the thickest bolt that will fit in the mounting holes, it should help.

I would use t-nuts inside the box/rack so the bolt doesn't have a chance at popping out and you will get more strength in the bolt that way.

212tk%2BokAgL._SL500_AA300_.jpgcompare_t_nuts.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived