2007 Volvo S40: LOOK WHAT I GOT!!! Deal of the century!

I like the red interior lights.

Thanks. I love them they are really bright. I want to put some in the rear floors or maybe above where my sub is. And my buddy has them in his grille. i love that look and i might do that too. but highly unlikley. I already have light dimming a little with that stock battery anyways. dont want anymore! lol

wire a potentiometer to those LED's, I have same problem with cup holder LEDs at night when I have water bottles in them lol

Ive heard about those but what do they do exactly??

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

I like the red interior lights.

Thanks. I love them they are really bright. I want to put some in the rear floors or maybe above where my sub is. And my buddy has them in his grille. i love that look and i might do that too. but highly unlikley. I already have light dimming a little with that stock battery anyways. dont want anymore! lol

wire a potentiometer to those LED's, I have same problem with cup holder LEDs at night when I have water bottles in them lol

Ive heard about those but what do they do exactly??

they just allow you to add and control resistance to dim the lights

I still need to get one, I want to put some LEDs in speaker grill and cross overs

even better...

Ahhhh i see i see! Thanks!

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

I was also thinking about gettin the new VM-1 but i have no clue where i'd mount it... Any ideas??

Looking like a good build so far, and I love Volvo's, very solid cars, and apparently according to a few, get loud easily too

If you ever decide to do the Big 3, make sure you get really flexible wires, and have an entire day off. Also check if your alternator's power wire goes through a starter solenoid like mine, if it does, you can simply just add another run of positive from alt + to bat +, or you can replace the stock wire with 0 gauge, and have 2 runs of positive, but that's a hassle to do if you want a Big 4 or Big 5(alt frame grounded too).

I'd also get a detailed manual for the car as well since Volvo's are a pain to work on but not impossible

I was also thinking about gettin the new VM-1 but i have no clue where i'd mount it... Any ideas??

If you can, I say put it on an empty section by your gauges, you want to have easy vision of the voltmeter when driving, and it's easier to read there as well. I easily see a spot on either on the left or right side

51032325.jpg

Good luck on your build man!

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Looking like a good build so far, and I love Volvo's, very solid cars, and apparently according to a few, get loud easily too

If you ever decide to do the Big 3, make sure you get really flexible wires, and have an entire day off. Also check if your alternator's power wire goes through a starter solenoid like mine, if it does, you can simply just add another run of positive from alt + to bat +, or you can replace the stock wire with 0 gauge, and have 2 runs of positive, but that's a hassle to do if you want a Big 4 or Big 5(alt frame grounded too).

I'd also get a detailed manual for the car as well since Volvo's are a pain to work on but not impossible

If you can, I say put it on an empty section by your gauges, you want to have easy vision of the voltmeter when driving, and it's easier to read there as well. I easily see a spot on either on the left or right side

51032325.jpg

Good luck on your build man!

Thanks for that opinion! Thanks for commenting! but the thing on the gauges is that all of the very important lights, (Gas lights,oil temp,brake fluid...etc) They are all on the sides so thats my only problem. I was thinking about a fiberglassed A-pillar but id have to do something on both sides and make it look halfway decent....maybe do carbon fiber look, and also do all the trim panels (that arent wood grain) carbon fiber, like around the car door handle area

And yes your right they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to work on. i remember the trouble i had fitting just 8 gauge wire through my firewall, lol. I wont be doing the Big 3 myself because i do nottttt wanna mess my baby up. I know people at JR's Vovo (best volvo repair/mechanics in KY) and they said they'd do it for me so im gonna trust them more ! Haha.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKay so i have some news. I purchased a Rockford Fosgate Prime R1000-1D from some faggot who failed to tell me the amp was broken....so after poppin the hood i realized the MOSFETS were separated from the board. So i have more upgraded MOSFETS on order and should be here next week sometime. So that will be my new temporary amplifier for a while.

I got me a job at Advanced Auto parts this week! :D So now i will have a steady flow of money until spring for baseball season (Im an umpire) which brings in the BIG money.

So now i will be getting my XS Power batteries, Sound dampening, 0 gauge wires. Possibly new speaker amp

Just found out the right side T2 tweeter was blown....so Sonic Electronix is sending me a new one. Yay....-____-

But thats all the updates for now! Stay tuned for more (:

Dont forget to comment and tell me what yall think!

And yes your right they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to work on. i remember the trouble i had fitting just 8 gauge wire through my firewall, lol. I wont be doing the Big 3 myself because i do nottttt wanna mess my baby up. I know people at JR's Vovo (best volvo repair/mechanics in KY) and they said they'd do it for me so im gonna trust them more ! Haha.

Had to run my 4 gauge through the passenger side, was a pain to find a place to run the wire through.

Glad you know mechanics that will do it for you with the proper equipment, my car is hard to work on, and it's a 98, since yours is an 07, I imagine it being more complex, so smart move if you're not comfortable to work on it.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived