Sonic Electronix

Who's got a 2G Eclipse?

You have more room then you would think. 4 15's in a flat ported wall is doable I have a 2000 and have 2 18's in mine NOT in a wall and still had room for 8 2400's 4 3.5k's as well as mids and high amplifiers. But it is a tight fit.

Your car is different than ours. Your eclipse is called a 3G. As for the 4 10s that makes a little more sense being sealed.. Not sure how you got 4 cubes tho brotha. Click the link in my sig.. That's my old eclipse 2g NA build.. You'll see how tight it was to fit a 15 in there.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Yes it is sealed but I still had plenty of room had I wanted to go ported. I'm thinking about doing a new box for it when I get the car back on the road and will probably go ported if I keep the 10's in there. Anyway, I ran over to the shop to measure it and internal dimensions are 32.5 x 13.5 x 19.25. That's 4.89 cubic feet of internal air space.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

You have more room then you would think. 4 15's in a flat ported wall is doable I have a 2000 and have 2 18's in mine NOT in a wall and still had room for 8 2400's 4 3.5k's as well as mids and high amplifiers. But it is a tight fit.

Your car is different than ours. Your eclipse is called a 3G. As for the 4 10s that makes a little more sense being sealed.. Not sure how you got 4 cubes tho brotha. Click the link in my sig.. That's my old eclipse 2g NA build.. You'll see how tight it was to fit a 15 in there.

A 3G can't have THAT much more space than a 2G. And maybe it's because I'm on mobile but I can't find your 15 build, only the 4 8's

E34 540iT/6

Yes it is sealed but I still had plenty of room had I wanted to go ported. I'm thinking about doing a new box for it when I get the car back on the road and will probably go ported if I keep the 10's in there. Anyway, I ran over to the shop to measure it and internal dimensions are 32.5 x 13.5 x 19.25. That's 4.89 cubic feet of internal air space.

That's 3.82 cubes.. Internally which isn't enough ported for a 15 brotha

Check out my build log:

A 3G can't have THAT much more space than a 2G. And maybe it's because I'm on mobile but I can't find your 15 build, only the 4 8's

Nah it's not THAT much different, I can't really speak for what you can fit with the seats down because personally I haven't done that. But you will be pushed for a 1 15 in back if the car with seats up. Just as a general idea, unless you fiberglass your box to fit the curves of our cars. It's right below this, ill post the link

EDIT: I didn't see bass said with the seats down, otherwise I wouldn't have commented, my appologies.

Check out my build log:

You need to check your math again. 32.5" x 13.5" x 19.25" = 8445.9375 / 1728 = 4.8876953125 which rounds to 4.89 cubic feet of internal air space.

ETA: Even after displacement I'm at 4.57^3

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

You need to check your math again. 32.5" x 13.5" x 19.25" = 8445.9375 / 1728 = 4.8876953125 which rounds to 4.89 cubic feet of internal air space.

ETA: Even after displacement I'm at 4.57^3

I use the Torres calculator.. It's 3.8 sir. Unless I'm doing something wrong.. reguardless if the length/width is mixed up you'll get the same results

Example_zps6b385c29.png

Check out my build log:

The dimensions I gave are internal and Torres asks for external.

Nah it's not THAT much different, I can't really speak for what you can fit with the seats down because personally I haven't done that. But you will be pushed for a 1 15 in back if the car with seats up. Just as a general idea, unless you fiberglass your box to fit the curves of our cars. It's right below this, ill post the link

EDIT: I didn't see bass said with the seats down, otherwise I wouldn't have commented, my appologies.

Wait so where are the pictures of your 15?

E34 540iT/6

Archived