Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

what the fuck is even different in the new lines of amplifiers that they are releasing? Reply: Improved D-Class driver board, 6 component value upgrades (all that was needed), larger traces on a couple critical signal paths. new capacitor technology? LOL. the brutus series looks like its been using the same amp board for the past 6-7 years. Reply: Are you saying you have already seen the new pcb? If you are refering to the older models only, there are actually many differances in the boards but in general, all boards are very similar at a glance. Have you removed the transistor brackets or measured the component values? There are many changes over the years. it seems like all they do now is add more blue lights and retarded audiobahn-esque chrome shit that does literally nothing but make the amp look more stupid.

Reply: Some people will like the new additional blue illumination and some will not. Our bet is that more people will.

how come this company cant focus on making one GOOD product, instead of 5 different ones that are almost identical to the line up that is already out? Reply: We have many different series for many differant markets, distribution routes and applications. Some are RMS rated and some are not. I'm not sure why this bothers you when most companies have several series. I think we are all glad that companies make several models to choose from...you know, like cars, TV's, shoes, receivers, head units... They will not all be like you want for your own personal preference but we hope to have one that is. If you are looking for all out performance to compare to nearly any amp available, please look to the Mt. Olympus series. Again, I'm not sure why this bothers you.

WHY does a company need to make 4 fucking different amplifiers that all are rated for 2000w, Reply: See reply above but to expand a bit, it has to do with sales, marketing and being a globally succesfull company. or what have you? that is STUPID. its POINTLESS. you can take the money and time wasted on making and retooling all these "new" amps, and put it towards one single product that you can make bulletproof. how smart is that? very. but no, it just doesn't make sense to some people. Reply: I'm sorry our success is confusing to you but we started with a bankrupt company 10 years ago and turned it into one of the most successfull car audio brands in the world during a time when car has has diminished nearly 50% and 95% of all other car audio companies have lost sales from 30% to 100%. I find it unreasonable that you are arguing with success. maxxsonics needs to have balls and step it up a notch for fucks sake. stop messing around with all these bull shit design "features" and do something that actually makes a difference in the performance of your amplifiers. Reply: What improvements do you suggest we make to the Mt. Olympus amplifiers? Is the performance of these amplifiers not up to your requirements? If not, how so? Do you have any experience with them or are you just making a blanket statement? For Brutus, ok, you don't like the cosmetics so what part of the amplifier do you think needs improvement (please be specific and I will address them specifically)?

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions / questions and know that they have not fallen on deff ears.

I usually don't reply to posts that take stabs in the dark at issues with our products but you seem to really be emotional about our products so lets try to resolve some of them as well as answer some of your questions above.

I willalso assume you are not just a hater and actually wanted answers to your questions.

My replies are in bold and under lined about in the body of your question.

John

my opinion.

what the fuck is even different in the new lines of amplifiers that they are releasing? Reply: Improved D-Class driver board, 6 component value upgrades (all that was needed), larger traces on a couple critical signal paths. new capacitor technology? LOL. the brutus series looks like its been using the same amp board for the past 6-7 years. Reply: Are you saying you have already seen the new pcb? If you are refering to the older models only, there are actually many differances in the boards but in general, all boards are very similar at a glance. Have you removed the transistor brackets or measured the component values? There are many changes over the years. it seems like all they do now is add more blue lights and retarded audiobahn-esque chrome shit that does literally nothing but make the amp look more stupid.

Reply: Some people will like the new additional blue illumination and some will not. Our bet is that more people will.

how come this company cant focus on making one GOOD product, instead of 5 different ones that are almost identical to the line up that is already out? Reply: We have many different series for many differant markets, distribution routes and applications. Some are RMS rated and some are not. I'm not sure why this bothers you when most companies have several series. I think we are all glad that companies make several models to choose from...you know, like cars, TV's, shoes, receivers, head units... They will not all be like you want for your own personal preference but we hope to have one that is. If you are looking for all out performance to compare to nearly any amp available, please look to the Mt. Olympus series. Again, I'm not sure why this bothers you.

WHY does a company need to make 4 fucking different amplifiers that all are rated for 2000w, Reply: See reply above but to expand a bit, it has to do with sales, marketing and being a globally succesfull company. or what have you? that is STUPID. its POINTLESS. you can take the money and time wasted on making and retooling all these "new" amps, and put it towards one single product that you can make bulletproof. how smart is that? very. but no, it just doesn't make sense to some people. Reply: I'm sorry our success is confusing to you but we started with a bankrupt company 10 years ago and turned it into one of the most successfull car audio brands in the world during a time when car has has diminished nearly 50% and 95% of all other car audio companies have lost sales from 30% to 100%. I find it unreasonable that you are arguing with success. maxxsonics needs to have balls and step it up a notch for fucks sake. stop messing around with all these bull shit design "features" and do something that actually makes a difference in the performance of your amplifiers. Reply: What improvements do you suggest we make to the Mt. Olympus amplifiers? Is the performance of these amplifiers not up to your requirements? If not, how so? Do you have any experience with them or are you just making a blanket statement? For Brutus, ok, you don't like the cosmetics so what part of the amplifier do you think needs improvement (please be specific and I will address them specifically)?

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions / questions and know that they have not fallen on deff ears.

I usually don't reply to posts that take stabs in the dark at issues with our products but you seem to really be emotional about our products so lets try to resolve some of them as well as answer some of your questions above.

I willalso assume you are not just a hater and actually wanted answers to your questions.

My replies are in bold and under lined about in the body of your question.

John

my opinion.

Where can i get this framed?

Thanks for revolutionizing car audio by offering a quality sounding product at a price that is affordable to the basic listener

I hear a lot of people saying a lot of negative things here, a few with experiences, others with none at all.

I have run my BRZ2400 for almost a year with no problem. I just bought a GLX60.4 for around $80 new.

Given the price point, I will continue to run them. The BRZ seems to be pushing my 15" Mayhem perfectly fine, and the GLX seems to be pushing the door speakers fine. Again, given the price point I will continue to run them... If you don't like them, then don't run them... no need to get all butthurt and talk negative about an amp or company that you have personally resolved not to run. To each their own...

Remember, if price weren't a factor in my build... I'd have 2 15" SMDs in my Bugatti, and probably find a way to cram another in my Z06...

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

yay another trash amp from hifonics with look at me lights

Fucking L O L

I imagined the amp with arms and legs and a face shouting "LOOK AT ME!!"

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

just whipped this out

hifonics.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

what the fuck is even different in the new lines of amplifiers that they are releasing? new capacitor technology? LOL. the brutus series looks like its been using the same amp board for the past 6-7 years. it seems like all they do now is add more blue lights and retarded audiobahn-esque chrome shit that does literally nothing but make the amp look more stupid.

how come this company cant focus on making one GOOD product, instead of 5 different ones that are almost identical to the line up that is already out?

WHY does a company need to make 4 fucking different amplifiers that all are rated for 2000w, or what have you? that is STUPID. its POINTLESS. you can take the money and time wasted on making and retooling all these "new" amps, and put it towards one single product that you can make bulletproof. how smart is that? very. but no, it just doesn't make sense to some people.

maxxsonics needs to have balls and step it up a notch for fucks sake. stop messing around with all these bull shit design "features" and do something that actually makes a difference in the performance of your amplifiers.

my opinion.

Yea this.

"But it's the new 2013 Brutus!"

I'm gonna hate

btw, as nate (i believe) pointed out, hifonics is using their 90's era name to promote the "products" they're releasing today.

they are successful due to the quality products they released in the 90's, thus giving them a good starting name. its become a household name because of that. but just because the name has a history behind it, doesn't mean that the products are still good.

i cant tell you how many times i've heard people say how cool their amp is because of the blue lights. JUST because of the blue lights. its a selling gimmick, and thats why the marketing team keeps telling the poor design guy to keep adding fucking LED's everywhere because 16 year olds (their main market) go ape shit over LED's.

sure you say that mt olympus is blah blah. i didn't even mention that series in the first place.

what kind of successful company has the audacity to make and sell amplifiers that do not even make rated power. somebody needs to get fired over there at HQ.

a GOOD company will not bull shit and lie to their customers, as Hifonics is doing.

yeah most companies have a few different amplifier lines, but not fucking 8. 3 of which have amplifiers with 2000w ratings. why? why cant you just make one damn 2000w amp, and not have a bunch of bull shit 2000w amps where some of them dont even do rated? that is STUPID. to add, there are much better amplifier companies out there that only have one or two series of amplifiers, with a much more reputable customer base.

what is the point of selling a 2100w amp and a 2400w amp? why not just make fucking one? it is almost impossible to hear the difference between 300w, so why bother wasting everybodys time making two different ones?

btw, as nate (i believe) pointed out, hifonics is using their 90's era name to promote the "products" they're releasing today.

they are successful due to the quality products they released in the 90's, thus giving them a good starting name. its become a household name because of that. but just because the name has a history behind it, doesn't mean that the products are still good.

i cant tell you how many times i've heard people say how cool their amp is because of the blue lights. JUST because of the blue lights. its a selling gimmick, and thats why the marketing team keeps telling the poor design guy to keep adding fucking LED's everywhere because 16 year olds (their main market) go ape shit over LED's.

sure you say that mt olympus is blah blah. i didn't even mention that series in the first place.

what kind of successful company has the audacity to make and sell amplifiers that do not even make rated power. somebody needs to get fired over there at HQ.

a GOOD company will not bull shit and lie to their customers, as Hifonics is doing.

yeah most companies have a few different amplifier lines, but not fucking 8. 3 of which have amplifiers with 2000w ratings. why? why cant you just make one damn 2000w amp, and not have a bunch of bull shit 2000w amps where some of them dont even do rated? that is STUPID. to add, there are much better amplifier companies out there that only have one or two series of amplifiers, with a much more reputable customer base.

what is the point of selling a 2100w amp and a 2400w amp? why not just make fucking one? it is almost impossible to hear the difference between 300w, so why bother wasting everybodys time making two different ones?

Isn't it true that the Brutus is one of their lower lines and the supposedly "better" ones (as seen on ebay 24/7) suck worse?

I'm gonna hate

Archived