Sundown Audio

Hello I'm new on here and I'm looking to get some new subs for the spring. I currently have 2 JL audio 10w3v3's running off an Alpine PDX M12. I'm actually fairly happy with the set up but just looking for something different and a project to work on in the spring. I don't do competitions so numbers aren't really my concern but I still like to listen loud on occasions. So I have my eyes on either 2 Sa8v2's or 4 E8v3's as either set up meets both the 1200 watts power I have and around a $400 budget for the speakers. I'm sure ill be happy with either sub, so I'm not necessarily looking for which is louder or which will sound better, but what are some considerations to having 4 subs since I've already played around with having two? any suggestions or thoughts in this?

Thanks

-Cam

Edited by Camm.eng

well think about it 4 8s would disperse heat more equal to each sub than just 2 and would look way better doing it since the cones on both models pretty much look the same now and its more cone area someone correct me if im wrong about dispersing the heat and maybe even be able to take a bit more power

well think about it 4 8s would disperse heat more equal to each sub than just 2 and would look way better doing it since the cones on both models pretty much look the same now and its more cone area someone correct me if im wrong about dispersing the heat and maybe even be able to take a bit more power

i would personally think that the 4 e8's would take more power..it's the same size coils, even if the sa8's are a little better thermally i'd think (with my experience of the e seies) that the e8's could take another 1200 if they had to, i have mine on a 1600, 2 of them.

Edited by iKidwell

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i would personally think that the 4 e8's would take more power..it's the same size coils, even if the sa8's are a little better thermally i'd think (with my experience of the e seies) that the e8's could take another 1200 if they had to, i have mine on a 1600, 2 of them.

exactly and they had said that the e8v3 was similar to the sa8v1 or 1.5 as in output but at a cheaper price

4 E8v3's :D just like Ghettobasshead stated they have the same or similar output as SA8 v1/1.5 and Sundonz even stated they basically are the same. Plus you get more cone area.. Each one could easily take a clean 600 watts. If you already had 2 subs just try the 4, it can't hurt. 4 could possibly handle lows better just because of cone area and would get louder. What kind of music do you listen to by the way?

Car:
- 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT

- aFe SRI

Electrical:

- Big 3 w/ Execution Audio 0/1 AWG OFC
- Stock Battery

Audio:

- JBL Power Series 6.5 Comps up front (Running off HU power atm)

- JBL Power Series 2-Ways in the rear deck (Running off HU power atm)

Subwoofer:

- Sundown Audio X-15
- CT Sounds AT1400.1D (@1 ohm)

Bedroom:

- Yamaha RX-V365

- Pair of Klipsch KG4.2's

- 2 E8v3's in a 1.34ft^3 tuned to 30hz
- No Amp yet..

- CoolMax ZU900B PSU for amp

In my room & previous car:
- Amp: Soundstream TX1.1300D @ 4 ohms (520 watts)
- T-Line Enclosure tuned to 32hz
YouTube : http://www.youtube.c...r8?feature=mhee