Second Skin Audio

New box design for HCCA122, please check!

What about something like this?

WinISDHCCA122JPEG_zps69881e33.jpg

I would be comfortable running the 3.0 @30hz, but just realize that that box will likely start cutting off quick after 45hz.

what is the FS of your speaker

FS is 22.56 Hz

dont forget that every single graph you've just posted, if you built any of those boxes, the graphs will change dramatically the instant you place the box inside your car.

Kranny I know they will change once inside the car but wont the graphs at least give me an idea of how the sub will act in the box? Like as far as how we are talking about peaking and everything?

click on the vent tab the toolbar

Didn't see vent match in the vent tab

as far as im aware, the graphs are only useful if you plan on having the box in the middle of the road. acoustics change every damn aspect.

shit, with a single box and different positioning within the car, its not unheard of to gain or lose a whole db.

the bigger the box, the more efficient it is. but it makes the woofer handle less power since there is less back pressure to keep the cone under control. can cause unloading issues if too severe.

the bigger the box, the more efficient it is. but it makes the woofer handle less power since there is less back pressure to keep the cone under control. can cause unloading issues if too severe.

Okay, think im gonna go with 2.5-3 cu ft tuned to 30-32. I appreciate the help guys and sorry to be a pain! Just trying to get the understanding of everything!

What about something like this?

WinISDHCCA122JPEG_zps69881e33.jpg

I would be comfortable running the 3.0 @30hz, but just realize that that box will likely start cutting off quick after 45hz.

what is the FS of your speaker

FS is 22.56 Hz

dont forget that every single graph you've just posted, if you built any of those boxes, the graphs will change dramatically the instant you place the box inside your car.

Kranny I know they will change once inside the car but wont the graphs at least give me an idea of how the sub will act in the box? Like as far as how we are talking about peaking and everything?

win isd does help you be confident in what to expect as far as "tuning" results go, it helps you see how the sub will react in the box,

XS-power1.jpg

Yeah it sure does. But once that box is in a vehicle, you're back to square one...

i understand that, but at least prior to building we know the box will be able to play past 40hz, and not drop off completely

ive used winisd for years, i've never once been disappointed with the end result after building an enclosure that started as an idea on that program.

I always design my systems to be loud, but also have excellent SQ so i can play a wider variety of music and it still sound good.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived