Wizzy Posted January 14, 2013 Report Posted January 14, 2013 Hello guys. I have 6 6.5" mid woofers and 4 tweeters. The mid woofers have 8 ohm impedance and the tweets have 4 ohm. I want to install 3 mid woofers and 2 tweets in each door. How can i wire them and what's the load at the end? I will power them with a hifonics zxi6404 4 channel amp. I was thinking to bridge the amp in order to achieve 2 channels 1 channel for each door. Waiting for suggestions:D Ps: i don't have crossovers for midwoofers i have little crossovers just for the tweeters.
tlsrcs Posted January 15, 2013 Report Posted January 15, 2013 I am pretty sure you can not wire the tweets and woofer to the same channel because if the difference in resistance that each speaker presents. So just while brain storming at lunch I thought of 4 channels 2 for each door 1 for tweets and 1 for woofers. The woofers wired in parallel will present a 2.66 ohm load to the amp. The tweets will present a 2 ohm load to the amp. Now this is per channel. So tweets is a total of 2 channels 4ohms woofers is 2 channels 5.2 ish ohms. Now I am not 100% so hopefully someone else chims in. But hope it helps. Oh what are the brand of speakera??? I am looking to buy some and need some suggestion
tlsrcs Posted January 15, 2013 Report Posted January 15, 2013 Oh also by doing tweets and woofers on separate channels you should be able to tune each channel.......I beleiv.
tlsrcs Posted January 15, 2013 Report Posted January 15, 2013 Oops sorry tweets are going to be 2ohm load if you wire 2 in parallel. Sorry not 4ohms
Noel989 Posted January 15, 2013 Report Posted January 15, 2013 ^^^ pretty much covered everything Your also going to need a crossover to set your filters cause with that amp you won't be able to run active like you want to since you don't have the passive crossovers Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Skullz Posted January 15, 2013 Report Posted January 15, 2013 With 3 8 ohm speakers per channel you'll wind up @2.66 ohms which will be too low for the amp to run them bridged, so you will either have to add another or remove one per door get it up to a 4 ohm load for the amp to run. Adding another speaker will need to have all 4 channels used, and removing one will let you bridge the amp. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Noel989 Posted January 15, 2013 Report Posted January 15, 2013 Channel 1 and 2 3 6.5 on each side final load 2.66 Channel 3 and 4 2 tweeters on each side final load 2 or 8 ohms Or Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
tlsrcs Posted January 15, 2013 Report Posted January 15, 2013 Channel 1 and 2 3 6.5 on each side final load 2.66 Channel 3 and 4 2 tweeters on each side final load 2 or 8 ohms Or Exactly what i wanted to say lol a lot easier to understand with a picture
Wizzy Posted January 16, 2013 Author Report Posted January 16, 2013 So far it sounds good. I have purchased 2 more mid woofers so now i have 4 8 ohm woofers and 2 tweeters per door. Now everything changes... In bridge mode my amp is stable at 2 ohms... I know its not specyfied anywhere but i tested it on sub and it works fine.
Noel989 Posted January 16, 2013 Report Posted January 16, 2013 Now with the 4 speaker you'll drop to 2 ohms If you bridge your amp you'll get ether 1 or 4 ohms depending how you wire it Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.