Wondering if AC Epicenter or some other kind of BASS processor would help????

My setup includeds factory HU, AC LC7i, Skar SK-800.1, and Kicker DX200.4, I mostly use my Ipod thru the aux input. For some reason, prolly bad quality mp3, I lack bass in songs which would hit hard when played via CD. So my question is would I be able to run an AC Epicenter after the LC7i just for the bass amp? Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

There's a big difference between 3.5mm and digital usb connection. USB allows you to bypass the iPod's DAC and instead use the receiver's (better) DAC. Have you thought about upgrading from a factory receiver? Yes you can run the epicenter after the audio control, but I would start at the source first.

edit: kranny beat me to it.

My Build Log - 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 2.8L

forum-signature-banner.png

I to listen to music through my decks aux input and I too have a epicenter and tobe honest it doesn't really help songs what already have bass, it makes it sound like shit. Your not only loseing bass, but SQ from your mids and highs.

I bought the epicenter because I listen to some music that doesn't have any bass at all. If your gana spend 150 for an epicenter why don't you use it for a deck

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

30 pin to usb > 3.5 aux every time. Youll notice night and day even with a cheap deck that has usb inputs.

I had a pioneer HU before but the dash kit for the 08-11 focus really fits like crap, so I just put the factory unit back in cause it really dont sound all that bad using the AC LC7i running signal to my amps. I was just tryin to figure out a way to get better bass.

• 3 weeks later...

First negative comments or reviews i've read about LC7 line drivers, i know the topics about SQ thru external devices but still surprised. First, i have heard compressed music doesnt always sound that good and if your using the 3.5 mm aux port its the weakest signal to run thru. USB ports carry more and better information which inturn improves SQ. Also Ipods and some devices dont have great EQs or sound options built into them and if they do the user needs to know how to optimize those options to make the device sound its best. I know the DEH-80PRS HU has functions that decompress & clean up the signal before processing it. So a multitude of reasons it can sound like shit.

Now back to the LC7, i have installed after a Pioneer deh1300mp HU, its like a $60 entry HU after doing some research. Mine came with the car i bought 6 months ago and had planned upgrading but built a system around what i had and used the 4 channel high level output and ran them to my LC7. I used the only 2 RCA's on the HU to run back to the sub amp. Now I have all RF power equipment in the car and installed properly and for a shit HU my system sounds damn clean. I have 2 RF T400-4 running off the LC7 and then a RF Power bd 1000a1 mono amp off HU, not to mention T265 coms in front doors and T1652 in rear deck all Tuned w/ my DD-1 and the CDs & IPOD sound really good, just shy of great. I even went to local stereo shop and installer thought everything looked really. Told me my week points which i will work on.

Hell, going to be like a second rebuild when i am Done. I cant wait to install the DEH-80PRS and go active with the system. i even have enough confidence with the LC7 to run a Clarion MCD360 2/3 active crossover after it and install another 4 channel amp for for speakers, mainly some rear fill w/ RF T25.25 in doors, and use the LPF channel for some P3S 8" in the kicker panels for mid bass to have a 3-way active system up front. I know it will be a bitch to tune but thats the fun of it all. Wont be a true SQ system more like SQL w/ 15 speakers total in a 03 Lancer.

I had a pioneer HU before but the dash kit for the 08-11 focus really fits like crap, so I just put the factory unit back in cause it really dont sound all that bad using the AC LC7i running signal to my amps. I was just tryin to figure out a way to get better bass.

Still have the pioneer? Bypass the factory radio and see if its better...

Archived