what do you think about these for my upgrade?

knubs

You said you want "high quality sound" with a $100 set ? It will hard to get. You should have Saved some more money for a really good set upfront, you don't need no rear speakers.

work on the install : solid baffle for them, good sound deadening to get the most out of them.

Good luck

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

not so much high quality, but high quality for that price range. right now my speakers suck all around so anything is better. i spent $60 for the 4 speakers i have now lol.

also i would really like the filling sound that decent components produce. my brother put a $100 component speaker set in his work truck and i really liked the way they sounded. they seem to fill the whole cabin with sound in a way i haven't heard 3-ways do.

i know $200 isn't the best budget for 4 speakers, but i will upgrade again later. for now i just need something decent because the dc xl that is about to go in my trunk is going to cover up the quiet speakers i have now.

and who knows.. if i don't like these speakers maybe it will push me to get some better ones and make some custom door panels later on!

I have the T165's, they don't get too loud. They sound decent though. Nothing amazing.

I think i am getting 2 sets of these. (the 1675-s). I sent rockford an email and they told me that the mids alone can handle 85 watts if it's clean signal. So I figure they should match up well to my 85.4 with the tweeters on a seperate amp. I hope they do actually get loud wired that way. :)

• 4 weeks later...

well i've had the alpine and pioneers in for a while now on the rockford amp so i figured i would check in and let everyone know how it turned out.

so far i love them!!! both sets were worth the money i'd say. i got exactly what i wanted to get for the money i had. they are decently loud and now that i have the highs set where i want, it sounds pretty clean. one thing i learned though is dont try to adjust speakers to decaf's 'in for the kill'... for the longest time i was messing with stuff trying to figure it out until i realized that in for the kill has some static sound with it (had to listen to it on everything i could before i was convinced). it seems quite a bit of decafs stuff is like that. i hate demoing to friends and having that scratchy sound. it just makes it seem like im distorting the speakers.

also i have a question. how do i get rid of the slight continuous background hiss? i've always had it. whenever a song hits a point where it's just vocals you hear a slight ssssssssssssssssssss in the background(it's always there when a song is playing but usually gets covered up). that's the only complaint i have with sq, but i know it's probably not the speakers.

Archived