The CLASSIC blown Pioneer Pico Fuse!

So after trying to DD-1 my system...im determined the reason I cannot set my gains without early distortion is because of my Pioneer radio. So, how hard is it to repair whatever it is inside?

FYI: the engine noise has been fixed because of the wire by the RCA's but from what i heard this messes with the unput voltage to the amp, and i honestly can see it sending a clipped signal, so i'm not sure what others have found, fixing the noise just masks the problem.

Easiest way is to ground the rca sheath at the back of the head unit and if the case itself isn't grounded, do that too. You could also pull it apart and fix it, but that's a little bit of work. If you want to go that route, let me know. I'll dig up a guide I found somewhere

Easiest way is to ground the rca sheath at the back of the head unit and if the case itself isn't grounded, do that too. You could also pull it apart and fix it, but that's a little bit of work. If you want to go that route, let me know. I'll dig up a guide I found somewhere

like i said i fixed the noise by doing that but my input voltage and signal is shot

please link me to the guide because i dont want to pay some idiots to do a quick solder job

I think I know what you are talking about, and I'm 90% sure I have a bookmark on my computer with the guide. If I get onto the computer and find it before SnowDrifter I'll post it for you.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Even though one has already been posted, here is another tutorial that is posted here, and has better pictures IMO.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/44297-howto-properly-fix-your-pioneers-rca-ground/page__hl__fuse

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived