2003 Nissan Altima Door Lock help

Put a remote start, alarm keyless entry on a 03 nissan altima and can't get the damn door locks to work. The diagrams all say if it has the two window anti pinch system you have to go into the door and tap the wires there, but I cant get it to work. I personally have an 02 model with the same alarm which has the one window anti pinch so the wires are located at the bcm and its an easy install. Checking my door lock wires, they show 4.7v and drop to zero when the button is pushed. In the 03 testing the wires in the door it also shows 4.7v but doesn't drop at all when the button is pushed. Someone please help.

Put a remote start, alarm keyless entry on a 03 nissan altima and can't get the damn door locks to work. The diagrams all say if it has the two window anti pinch system you have to go into the door and tap the wires there, but I cant get it to work. I personally have an 02 model with the same alarm which has the one window anti pinch so the wires are located at the bcm and its an easy install. Checking my door lock wires, they show 4.7v and drop to zero when the button is pushed. In the 03 testing the wires in the door it also shows 4.7v but doesn't drop at all when the button is pushed. Someone please help.

if it doesn't change at all when the button is pushed, it sounds like you've got the wrong wire man....you should see some kind of fluctuation.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I thought the same thing. However every resource I have used points to the same color wires blue to white/blue and yellow to pink/blue. I even hooked up the unlock wire from the alarm and got the lock to pop once and then it just wouldn't do it any more. Still works at the switch and after disconnecting the alarm wire and testing other wires I hooked it backed up where i had it and got it to pop again and then nothing again. Ive checked the output from the lock/unlock wires from the alarm and they are fine.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

i suggust a test light, even though many have butted heads about it, its very usefull in alarms/remote starts

those should be neg. door locks, but possibly pos. so double check it varys in those years irrc

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

• 2 weeks later...

lock is pink

unlock is brown at bcm

those 2 missin pins in the bcm are you are and disarm wires. put a 3 amp diode band facing away from bcm into the slot (negative current flows opposite of positive in diodes) the diode is just to give you a good pin into the bcm that will hold. to test those wires use key in the door cylinder thats the only way they test. done plenty of em no need to go into door. acuras and lexus are the tricky buggers you gotta go into the doors for.

to test the lock wires use a test light hook to ground and poke the wire thatll give it the neg pulse it needs.

cheers good luck

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Just an update for you guys, it was the negative pulse from the alarm was not strong enough to pop the locks. The alarm provides a 250ma pulse which wasnt sufficient so a few relays and staright ground and its good to go. I wound up using the wires in the door which I also found that every resource had the color backwards for lock and unlock. Not saying all altimas are backwards but this one was. Thanks for everyones input it was much appreciated.

Archived