Sonic Electronix

sound dampening for the trunk

damn $20 for shipping? their $5 expedited shipping thing is very deceiving... i assumed $4.99 expedited shipping was meaning $5 for shipping, not $5 extra and they will ship your order without fuc*king around for a couple weeks. a good company should ship their orders out right away without making customers pay more for it. i see that as a sign of a company with bad service. i almost don't want want to buy from them now... i hate companies with poor service that don't care about the customer(precisely why i wont buy from onlinecarstereo.com).

all you had to do was call them or do online chat on the website and they would've gave you the code for free shipping like I got.. I think ti was "showstopper" or "showshipper"

it's not really about the price. it's about the message i got from their $5 expedited shipping offer. i basically took it as "if you don't pay 5 dollars more we don't care about how quickly we ship your order" most companies ship out the same day or next day for no extra charge out of respect for the customer.

i sent them an email asking about this. if they send me an email back explaining this to me and make it sound like they do in fact care about their customer service then i will happily buy from them. i just don't like feeling like i'm paying extra for common customer service.

i know i'm making too big of a deal about this but i've been treated like shit from quite a few companies lately after they messed up (not just car audio companies) and i'm sick of spending money on products from companies that don't care. im very careful choosing who i do and don't order from now.

and thanks for the response on the heat gun question!

I understand that completely but they're cs is excellent.. I ordered from them on the 21st and got my B-stock damplifier on the 24th and I live in FL and they're in AZ

no. once I read the fine print I was like f that and it still got here in 3 days so I'm not complaining

wow, well that makes me feel better. i assumed after seeing that expedited shipping offer that it would take them like a week to ship out without that, but it sounds like they probably ship in the same amount of time either way. good to hear. thanks for the input!

• 3 weeks later...

well i ended up getting the normal damplifier and i got the b-stock bulk pack. i installed all of it in my trunk. i feel like 30 square feet was barely enough, but i like the results! my car has definitely gained from the damplifier. my trunk doesn't rattle 'as' bad, but the biggest difference is in the cabin. i got much louder!!!!

before dampening my sub wouldn't move any air in my window. now however it flutters a napkin around a bit with the window cracked. also my rear view mirror comes off more...

while working in my trunk i've had the sub in the cabin(in the back seat) and thought it got quieter. i was right. this thing is way louder in my trunk; especially with the damplifier.

I'm quite pleased!

Archived