smokeumtires Posted February 22, 2008 Report Posted February 22, 2008 Hey buddy....This came out sick man...So clean and well thought out...maybe one day ill try my hand at fiberglass.You dont mind if I hit you up with some pointers...Do you?
LSN2meBoom916 Posted February 22, 2008 Author Report Posted February 22, 2008 Hey buddy....This came out sick man...So clean and well thought out...maybe one day ill try my hand at fiberglass.You dont mind if I hit you up with some pointers...Do you?Not at all bra!I am more than willing to offer any help/tech support I can on this kind of project or any other that I have done or have intimate knowledge of. I was kinda helpin out Texas Tech & Whitechocolate on their center consoles, and I have been getting PMs on Fiberglass Howto's....If you want anythiong specific feel free to hit me up and I will offer what ever info I can. EpicenterDesigns is also a very knowledgable person in this dept as is GP2K2 (Timmay? duh right?-but he don't like to type much and is pretty busy I think) Thnx for follwing this build so consistantly...makes it easier to update when it feels like folks are tuned in. COOGLE SAID:"bro thats how we got where we are... buy making messes ...... i still learn all the time you just gota be willing to ruck up some shit" "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd." ~ Miguel de Unamuno"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" -Elbert Hubbard"A proud man can learn humility...but he will be proud of that too" ~I forget who.I'm far from perfect and I know it better than anyone, but I hope to be good at what I do, when I do it...Installs I've done:My Integra: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3161The Lexus : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1535Law's Maxima: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5568&hl=Jeff's 2500HD: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5382&hl=Acura RSX-S: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3142Z-32 300zx: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=34602004 Civic 4dr: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=8190Trunk/Corner Box: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=16036&hl=1969 Chevy C-10: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=20319&hl=Seat-Back AMP-RACK How-to: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=9428&hl=Bunch of subs still for salehttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=lsn2meboom916"It's game night...we're playin......sex."~Quagmire"When disneyland started it was powered completely by orphan children running on treadmills to generate e-lectrissty…and today, them children are New York Yankees". ~Dale Gribble"Fill it with ice...then pour it up to the top of the ice...& Shut da Fu** up!" ~Urs truly.
JMC0415 Posted February 24, 2008 Report Posted February 24, 2008 Been following this since day one. Your work is incredible, making the best with what space you got. Loving the PR too. Well done!
LSN2meBoom916 Posted February 24, 2008 Author Report Posted February 24, 2008 Been following this since day one. Your work is incredible, making the best with what space you got. Loving the PR too. Well done! thnx bro. I do try. COOGLE SAID:"bro thats how we got where we are... buy making messes ...... i still learn all the time you just gota be willing to ruck up some shit" "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd." ~ Miguel de Unamuno"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" -Elbert Hubbard"A proud man can learn humility...but he will be proud of that too" ~I forget who.I'm far from perfect and I know it better than anyone, but I hope to be good at what I do, when I do it...Installs I've done:My Integra: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3161The Lexus : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1535Law's Maxima: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5568&hl=Jeff's 2500HD: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5382&hl=Acura RSX-S: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3142Z-32 300zx: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=34602004 Civic 4dr: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=8190Trunk/Corner Box: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=16036&hl=1969 Chevy C-10: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=20319&hl=Seat-Back AMP-RACK How-to: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=9428&hl=Bunch of subs still for salehttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=lsn2meboom916"It's game night...we're playin......sex."~Quagmire"When disneyland started it was powered completely by orphan children running on treadmills to generate e-lectrissty…and today, them children are New York Yankees". ~Dale Gribble"Fill it with ice...then pour it up to the top of the ice...& Shut da Fu** up!" ~Urs truly.
groundpounder2k2 Posted February 24, 2008 Report Posted February 24, 2008 Ands here's the "ground down outer edge" pics.... This "hole" which was a "bubble"...is really already sealed/glassed over form the inside will get filled too...but shows how THICK the glass is in this area..bout 1/4". The front edge I might chop off.... Chris,did you just use an angle frinder to trim that up.... if so..........Just wondering how the rest of your day went.... I use my angle grinder to cut all my glass........and damn does it make a dusty mess...........and the dust it creats....no dodging that......makes me a miserable bitch for the next 2 days.... Looks great tho....Rock Solid....thats what i like My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........
groundpounder2k2 Posted February 24, 2008 Report Posted February 24, 2008 Dynatron....... Not a bad filler for the money..... not important here.......cuz its covered in carpet.....But the dynatron does shrink...alot... Sunbish...looks stout theres that damnd tape.... when in this position......Did you breathe deep..........I do My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........
groundpounder2k2 Posted February 24, 2008 Report Posted February 24, 2008 MessiCanchrome...FTW My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........
groundpounder2k2 Posted February 24, 2008 Report Posted February 24, 2008 So as I mentioned b4 I gave it back I was gonna do some overkill reinforcing inside... If you're not "a Fiberglass" guy, most this will be boring crap But I got excited do in it so I'll put the pics up..maybe only Timmay & EpicenterDesigns will understand? Tipped the box up on end...dint get any pics of taping it off but I painters-taped and old-newspapered it off to be safe... I like this one cuz the vertical straight edge on the right is a piece of mdf....but it's soo PWNed in glass it's just silly...in a good way. Here's some shots of the GTR Passive Radiator from the inside This one shows the CLEARENCE between the back of the radiator and that lil pocket I made. Hellz yes.........theres the good stuff.............the sweet nector at the bottom of the glassingporn honeypot...... very nice layup chris......Im impressed.... My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........
groundpounder2k2 Posted February 24, 2008 Report Posted February 24, 2008 Not at all bra! I am more than willing to offer any help/tech support I can on this kind of project or any other that I have done or have intimate knowledge of. I was kinda helpin out Texas Tech & Whitechocolate on their center consoles, and I have been getting PMs on Fiberglass Howto's....If you want anythiong specific feel free to hit me up and I will offer what ever info I can. EpicenterDesigns is also a very knowledgable person in this dept as is GP2K2 (Timmay? duh right?-but he don't like to type much and is pretty busy I think) Thnx for follwing this build so consistantly...makes it easier to update when it feels like folks are tuned in. W3rd..............you da man chris.......... My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........
groundpounder2k2 Posted February 24, 2008 Report Posted February 24, 2008 Ok........end result.........Looks amazing chris...excellent job.....full of info....and lotts of pix....I love it... sorry for whoring up your thread....I was bored...dont feel like working on the Cavi today My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.