Sonic Electronix

what should i do? (first build)

Try seeing if there's a strut bolt you could ground to. That would make a MUCH better ground than some sheet metal on the rear deck.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

alright ill try that out. another thing im noticing is that the amp only cuts out when i turn the volume about 26, it sometimes happens at 25.

and also, i know your all going to complain, but when i turn the bass level up(not bass boost), it starts to cut out.

what i find strange though is that the amp can play on loud volumes for short periods of time, but then it will cut out. so ill turn it down and itll start playing again but it will cut out shortly after. then that just repeats until i get to around 15 volume.

Does the amp get hot at all? How about the subwoofers?

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

i didnt really check, but i was just driving around a while ago with a window open and its less than 10 degrees outside. i find it hard to believe that it could over heat in that environmnent.

And i also find overheating to be hard especially since if i hadnt used the sub all day then turned it on and really turned it up it would still cut out after less than 5 minutes of use.

Your connections at the amp for power and ground look terrible. Redo them and do it right, like this image shows:

e81fd2e62a.jpg

Then move the ground from the rear deck to a strut tower, or if you have a sub frame bolt it to that. The strut tower isn't the best place but it works for a lot of people. Just remember to sand down to bare metal. Don't mistake the primer for metal, It is hard to tell if you don't have good lighting(like in a trunk) to see what

you are doing.

I searched a thread for your headunit

Do this.

1. Turn off the "Bass EXT"

2. Turn on "sub out"

3. Set the "LPF Subwwofer" setting to 80hz

4. Put the sub level to +1

5. Turn off "supreme" setting It is an enhancement for you highs. Use it if you want whatever.

6. Don't go past volume 31.

7 Your head unit has 2.5v outputs.

8. I read the Excelons do 2.1 to 2.2v at volume 32 with sub level at +1 clean, but any more it will clip. (go to 31 to be safe)

Now, the Amp

1. Redo power and ground connections, see above

2. Since your headunit will take care of the LPF just put the amp's LPF at around 100hz.

3. Turn Bass boost down to Zero

4. Put the Sensitivity to right @ 2v. See #8 above

Now the Box

You have a trunk car, don't put the subs in the back of the trunk firing forward (you are doing it wrong).

Put the subs in the front of the trunk close to the seats but firing back into the trunk.

Thats all i can think of for now. if someone notices something i missed chime in.

Archived