Sonic Electronix

jbl gt5 sub and kenwood 8105d monoblock amp

Well, I never said go by the peak, just stating what's said.

You don't have to turn down the gain all the way if you get it properly set with an Oscope or preferably a DD-1

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

and plus the GT-5 only comes in 4 ohms svc, now unless you're running 2, then the 8 or 2 ohms thing isn't making sense.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I think it has become obvious you don't know what you are buying. If the specs say 2-8 ohms then it is a DVC with two 4ohm coils. It can be wired either 2ohm or 8ohm.

I'm guessing you havent bought the sub yet. Is this something you are going to buy of the web? If it is post the link to it here.

already bought...ill just have the stereo shop figure it out for me ...thanks....btw I know what I bought

i dont think you do. you are contradicting yourself.

you say that its a single voice coil, but you say that it can be wired to 2 or 8 ohms. it is impossible in the land of physics for both of those to be true.

take a picture of the woofer and post it on here....

Aha knew it

It should be fine, just make sure to set the gains correctly. Try to see if you can locate someone in your area with an oscope or dd-1.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived