Need help ASAP... No backligh

This is ridiculous.. I've got an Asus U56E that I was replacing the screen in. The screen was cracked, but the backlight still lit up. So, I order a new screen, put it in, and its fixed!.... a few moments later, the screen just goes dark!.. The backlight had cut out.. So I plug in an external monitor via VGA, and it comes up on the monitor and everything is fine.. So I go to inspect what could of just possibly happened. I notice a blown fuse close to the spot where the screen connects to the motherboard, and I also notice a small hole in the tape wrapped around the screen connector cord which looks like it had a torn wire. So I order a new board, and new screen cable (and at this point, there's nothing else to replace? right?) and the problem is still there!... No back light!.. What could it BE!??!?! Iv'e tested BOTH screens in another Asus machine and they work PERFECTLY! .. no problems!.. But if I test them back in the original Asus, I get NOTHING!... How is this possible?!?! I've checked the fuse on the new board, and it's fine!.. This honestly makes no sense... It's almost like something needs to be configured in the Bios somewhere, but there's nothing remotely close besides flashing it... How could this be?!?

that is really strange, i wish i was there to help ya haha. You seem like you know what you're doing,so i dont think its user error. um, is it getting power? no backlight would mean its not getting any

honestly, i would just leave it alone for the night and go at it the next day and really go over everything. otherwise you're just gonna get frustrated (not sure if you do,but i get pissed at stuff like that >.< )

Hahah trust me, I've had this laptop for weeks!... It's getting on my last nerve now.. I'm not the person to slam it down or anything because it's not working.. but jeez... And yeah, I messed with the brightness and all. .But it's so dim you can't see it unless a flashlight is on it.

Oh it's a laptop???

Idk I had the same issue with my iPhone cuz it went for a swim. Backlight would turn off. Could barely see anything. Found out I had to switch the autodim feature so it just stays bright now.

I have to adjust the brightness on it now but meh it still works lol

Hope you figure it out

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived