99Laydorado Posted January 30, 2013 Report Posted January 30, 2013 Hey whats up guys I am building my system and have my subs/amps figured out now for the mids an highs. I have an idea as to what I wanna do but want some opinions on it, The system is going to consist of 2 DC level 6 18s with Crescendo 5500s behind them Mids and highs I have been bouncing back and forth on going active or passive as I am new to the high end car audio end of things If I go passive Im looking at doing 4 sets(overkill?) of Crescendo Mezzo series all pushed by a Crescendo 1100.4 If I went active Im looking at their pwx6.5 and ft1 tweets but am lost on what amp to run and quantities if I could get away with running their 1100.4 on these in active form. I have been looking into the pioneer DEH-80PRS and am curious if I would still need a proc or if I could get away with using this deck and not needing a proc heres a video of the tuning settings available on the deck to me looks like its basically a deck with a proc built in Thanks for any help yall can give 1999 Chevy Silverado x cab Bagged on 22s Stupid loud system to come
99Laydorado Posted February 1, 2013 Author Report Posted February 1, 2013 I know i prob look like a total newb and youd be right but im not gonna waste money building system after system I wanna do it one and done I ve built several "bestbuy specials" as I call them but its time to step out of the comfort zone and put on the big boy pants some one help me out even its pointing out what a idiot I am Im open to any and all constructive criticism please and thanks 1999 Chevy Silverado x cab Bagged on 22s Stupid loud system to come
bcbrassard Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 Hey not an idiot just fishin for info and thats what this sites about. I ended up with this HU but havent installed it yet, in the midlle of figuring out what kind if system i really want after building the one i have wrong and not to my liking. I bought all Power RF products but put speakers in factory locations w/ sound deadener & install properly but ended up not sounded what i was really hoping for. Rear deck is to loud w/ the highs and pulls the sound stage toward the back, The old pioneer HU that came with the car wasnt very good and i really didnt know what kind of system i wanted. Started out closer to SPL and now watning SQ or SQL. I did do on thing right and that is i bought good equipment so i can work with that, i just need to figure out active or passive and if i want any rear fill. How much Fiber glassing needs to be done so ya, figure out you budget and system and the experienced guys on here will give you lots of options to choose from. Good luck
Watch the bass Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 You do 18´s on BC 5500, i would go passiv, and no it´s no overkill with the pwx and the 1100. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.